Benefits of longer leaf springs and suspension lift vs blocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hownoah0000

Reaction score
First Name
noah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi all I have a 1986 k10 custom currently has 4” blocks for a body lift. Want to do a suspension lift but having a time determining what all will need done for a 4” suspension lift vs a body lift. I would be removing the body lift blocks to do the suspension lift. What all does this entail and is there anything for certain I will need to change going from one to the other.

Jawzjeep

Honk if parts fall off
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Chuck the body lift and go with a 4" lift instead. Alcan or Deaver probably have the best leaf springs. Or talk to ORD about getting one of their kits which are finally tailored to a square body. There will be a few things extended that won't need to be anymore like linkage for transmission or steering shaft that's been extended, breather Vents and whatnot. Get a fully encompassing lift kit from a preferred manufacturer and you'll have everything you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe