Rocker arm ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hope the heads were cheap enough so the rockers were free, lol..
Pretty much a machine shop fresh set of again Vortec heads for 150......he looked a bit strung out when I picked them up. Lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Pretty much a machine shop fresh set of again Vortec heads for 150......he looked a bit strung out when I picked them up. Lol
Guess that's not a bad price for them.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
1.6 rockers will probably not help much with those heads. I'd be shocked if you could feel a difference even at 4500 RPM.

If you haven't already done it, I suggest focusing on a performance-oriented ignition advance curve and free-flowing exhaust. Looks to me like you have a tiny exhaust head pipe coming down off the manifold. I'd suggest 2-1/4"-2-1/2" OD with smooth bends all the way back. And use mufflers that don't neck down to 1-7/8" internally like many do. Compared to stock, the above mods will make a difference you can feel in the seat of your pants even at partial throttle and low-mid RPM.

Last edited:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Don't forget to go to beefier push rods. The more lift, the more flex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dixierj