Rocker arm ratio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I have a stock 78 c10 350 motor, standard stuff. I was wondering if it would be doable to up my rocker ratio to get more lift. Im pretty sure I have a stock cam and rockers. If anyone has had any success with this feel free to recommend a new ratio brand etc, thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I have a stock 78 c10 350 motor, standard stuff. I was wondering if it would be doable to up my rocker ratio to get more lift. Im pretty sure I have a stock cam and rockers. If anyone has had any success with this feel free to recommend a new ratio brand etc, thanks

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
If you want more lift and actually want to notice the power increase, you would need to do some porting and especially unshrouding combustion chamber around the valves. And then without increasing the duration I'm not sure you would notice anything.
Also I don't think I woud take the chance of increasing the stress on the lobes, lifters and rocker arm posts of an older engine.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
@Honky Kong jr that's the video I watched right before this post that got me thinking :Big Laugh:

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
@Honky Kong jr that's the video I watched right before this post that got me thinking :Big Laugh:
And so near the end of the vid they are talking about the extra power that was gained by the rockers with higher lift ratio...
1st thing were the heads, those heads FLOW. Your stock heads especially the exhaust side, not near as much. And were was the extra power gained hmm? Somewhere over 5k rpm.

Really, if you want more joy from the loud pedal don;t piss time and $ away adding things to your sb... just go BIG. BBC! There is NOTHING in this world like big block cubic torque.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
And so near the end of the vid they are talking about the extra power that was gained by the rockers with higher lift ratio...
1st thing were the heads, those heads FLOW. Your stock heads especially the exhaust side, not near as much. And were was the extra power gained hmm? Somewhere over 5k rpm.

Really, if you want more joy from the loud pedal don;t piss time and $ away adding things to your sb... just go BIG. BBC! There is NOTHING in this world like big block cubic torque.
He did say it was the heads that made it possible. And the stamped rockers they used were a bogus comparison. They should of used true stock rockers. Not a beefed up 7/16 studded aftermarket one. Then they put 3/8 studs in to test the roller tips, another bogus comparison. I call ********.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
He did say it was the heads that made it possible. And the stamped rockers they used were a bogus comparison. They should of used true stock rockers. Not a beefed up 7/16 studded aftermarket one. Then they put 3/8 studs in to test the roller tips, another bogus comparison. I call ********.
It's made for TV remember, AKA ********, lmao..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yes it is, lol..
He has a little more at stake the 2 monkeys that are given free parts. Gee I wonder who really sponsored that episode........maybe Scorpion. I’m not bashing Scorpion, I had a set of the self aligning kind on my Vortec heads and they worked ok I guess. Other then busting off the drippers on my Vette valve covers.....I guess I may be part to blame for that though. Lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
He has a little more at stake the 2 monkeys that are given free parts. Gee I wonder who really sponsored that episode........maybe Scorpion. I’m not bashing Scorpion, I had a set of the self aligning kind on my Vortec heads and they worked ok I guess. Other then busting off the drippers on my Vette valve covers.....I guess I may be part to blame for that though. Lol
Scorpion is ****, built a 468 for a friend's family day cruiser not much more than a stock cam, 3 of them broke within 20hrs on the engine and it never goes over 4000r's and for very short bursts, finally I threw them in the trash and put a set of Crowers on, end of problems. BTW, each one broke at the trunion..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Scorpion is ****, built a 468 for a friend's family day cruiser not much more than a stock cam, 3 of them broke within 20hrs on the engine and it never goes over 4000r's and for very short bursts, finally I threw them in the trash and put a set of Crowers on, end of problems. BTW, each one broke at the trunion..
Well yeah Crower lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare