rear lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon_l1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205
hey guys i have to re wire my back lights brake lights, back up lights, signal lights the whole deal. my question is what gauge wire should i go with. i was thinking either 16 or 14?

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
16 is probably factory and fine but thicker wire theoretically will carry less resistance and pprobably has thicker insulation to avoid rub-through later on down the road... Just make sure you connections are shrinktubed so you dont get a bad connection later due to water

Brandon_l1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205
16 is probably factory and fine but thicker wire theoretically will carry less resistance and pprobably has thicker insulation to avoid rub-through later on down the road... Just make sure you connections are shrinktubed so you dont get a bad connection later due to water

ok and i was going to solder all the wires then shrink wrap them. would that be ok? i figured it would be better than butt connectors.

thebrad

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I just did mine on my stepside. If you run into trouble send me a message and i might be able to help.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
ok and i was going to solder all the wires then shrink wrap them. would that be ok? i figured it would be better than butt connectors.

perfect! thats what i would do!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky