random steering "pop"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sundevildaddy

Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Custom
Engine Size
6.2L (J)
and another thought...

Something else I thought about...

I have an occasional pop, and I feel it through the wheel, though, primarily on a left turn, over a dip in my driveway.

After beating my head on the bumper for several hours this weekend, I realized that it was the leaf spring bushing (forward mounts) that were causing my problem.

Just mentioning it as an option/something else to check.

~Sun

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Something else I thought about...

I have an occasional pop, and I feel it through the wheel, though, primarily on a left turn, over a dip in my driveway.

After beating my head on the bumper for several hours this weekend, I realized that it was the leaf spring bushing (forward mounts) that were causing my problem.

Just mentioning it as an option/something else to check.

~Sun

Those are fairly easy to replace...I used a 3/8 drill bit, and just hogged the old one out...but my problem in the rear shackle bushings, which makes sense, because I can feel it right under my feet. Only happens on turns...feels like the truck is catching up with the front axle beacause of the slop in the bushings. O may just gather all new bushings, balljoints and new shockes, and unbolt the whole front axle assembly from the frame, and spend a saturday on the garage floor rebuilding everything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruggedly