Pretty decent deal here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

A bunch of really great parts and it all comes with a decently straight truck. I'd love to have that nv4500 and np205. Real shame they aren't separating anything.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wow, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, but that truck is worth closer to $500 than $5000.

Drop him your number. He'll part it out after noone buys his pile of parts for 5 grand!
(Idk why one would even try to sell it together, when it's already disassembled and clearly worth more in parts)

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Grit dog that's a damn good idea. Tell him I'd give him $1500 cash for that trans/tcase and another $400 for those axles.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl

A bunch of really great parts and it all comes with a decently straight truck. I'd love to have that nv4500 and np205. Real shame they aren't separating anything.

What you are looking at there is a 465/205 combo and then he has what looks like a NV4500 and a passenger drop NP241 that are separated... probably from whatever the donor 6.5 vehicle was. I would love to have the passenger drop 241. Solves a lot of my swap issues with the 4L80e and 0411 computer since it already has the VSS in it and would bolt straight up to the 4wd 4L80e I already have.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What you are looking at there is a 465/205 combo and then he has what looks like a NV4500 and a passenger drop NP241 that are separated... probably from whatever the donor 6.5 vehicle was. I would love to have the passenger drop 241. Solves a lot of my swap issues with the 4L80e and 0411 computer since it already has the VSS in it and would bolt straight up to the 4wd 4L80e I already have.
Oh, your totally right. I missed that. Worth a shot to ask. Sweethome isn't too bad of a drive for either of us. And I'm betting he hasent had any serious bites on the entire package.

Vdubwizard

Reaction score
First Name
Gman
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe C20
Engine Size
I am Truly surprised that a Project as Large as this 4x4 is worth what he Thinks, have enough keeping up my 82 C20 Service bed...

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Wow, I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beerholder, but that truck is worth closer to $500 than $5000.

Drop him your number. He'll part it out after noone buys his pile of parts for 5 grand!
(Idk why one would even try to sell it together, when it's already disassembled and clearly worth more in parts)
Seriously. It's already all apart. Either sell parts from it and make your money, or if you really need it gone all at once in a hurry sell it as a basket case for cheap. List it for a grand and don't be surprised when you get offered $500. Idk what dude's deal is asking 5 GRAND for it, but boy do I sure wish I was as high as he is, I bet it feels pretty awesome.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ Yeah, I’ve been saying it for a while, the internet ruined private party used car sales. Because every broke dick with some ****** **** box thinks it’s worth whatever they see the highest price online for something “similar”.
No idea how much sells for some of these stupid prices, but I have to just chuckle when I see adds like this one.
You offer him some money for parts yet Dutch?

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I really don't understand why a vehicle is torn apart like that and then work stops. Parts get lost and way harder to reassemble. One time I flew 1/2 way across the country to look at a Mustang project. It was disassembled even further. Would have taken a couple days just to figure out what was there. However, it wasn't a total loss I got 3 meals on Delta Airlines.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I really don't understand why a vehicle is torn apart like that and then work stops.
I could think of a half dozen reasons, easily. From someone got in over their head, to "life happens" and the time required or interest in completing is not there. If one can't fathom any of those reasons, you live a very blessed life with little outside distraction or challenges.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I could think of a half dozen reasons, easily. From someone got in over their head, to "life happens" and the time required or interest in completing is not there. If one can't fathom any of those reasons, you live a very blessed life with little outside distraction or challenges.
Didn't mean to sound insensitive. My comment was about the extent of disassembly. I understand life happens.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Didn't mean to sound insensitive. My comment was about the extent of disassembly. I understand life happens.
No worries, I came off harsh. Apologies.
(Maybe it's my frustration of not enough time to get my truck back together, lol...)

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Grit dog I did send an email offering $800 cash for the nv4500 alone. I feel that's pretty generous considering it probably wasent rebuilt after it was pulled and there is no mention about its condition or function. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Grit dog I did send an email offering $800 cash for the nv4500 alone. I feel that's pretty generous considering it probably wasent rebuilt after it was pulled and there is no mention about its condition or function. Haven't heard anything back yet.
Well good luck!
PS I hate sellers who don't reply.
I'm chasing a truck I saw this morning. Really good deal and the add is "Gotta sell it NOW", yet 6 hours later, no fvcking response!

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well good luck!
PS I hate sellers who don't reply.
I'm chasing a truck I saw this morning. Really good deal and the add is "Gotta sell it NOW", yet 6 hours later, no fvcking response!
Agreed buying or even selling anything online is such a **** show lately. I was giving away a dresser and night stand both in good shape and I had people asking if I'd deliver it... needless to say I gave them to the one person who called me and showed up the same day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man