Prepping for 700r4 goodness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Youll probably see a couple degrees difference, and sure it's something but if you're chasing a couple degrees to keep your stuff cool enough, you've got bigger issues. That being said though knowing this il probably never paint a radiator lmao

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Here's another little tip I never knew but made sense after I heard about it, painting the transmission case hinders the transmission's ability to release heat. It's best to leave the aluminum case unpainted and if you go mudding like I do get under there and hose as much mud off as you can when you're done playing. That mud holds heat too. The reason modern radiators switched over to aluminum from copper, copper convects heat very well, but aluminum releases heat better than copper. Many people lower their radiator's cooling ability when they paint their radiator support and paint the radiator with it.

heres a tip for you spray you trans and tcase down with WD 40 before you go mudding it makes clean up easier.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
Nice read...

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
heres a tip for you spray you trans and tcase down with WD 40 before you go mudding it makes clean up easier.
Yep I tripped out first time I saw a guy spray 4 cans of Pam cooking spray under his truck but the goop fell off like it was sliding off plastic sheeting.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
To anyone else doing a trans swap(just in general because im sure others are like this too), swap the old c looking thing for the gear selector too. I sealed over the old one from my 350 just now and it made a world of a difference, i can hit every gear easily now. No weird angles like before with the 700r4 selector.

Im not sure if its specific to year(probably is tho). But my 78 column now shifts the 89 trans like factory

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
To anyone else doing a trans swap(just in general because im sure others are like this too), swap the old c looking thing for the gear selector too. I sealed over the old one from my 350 just now and it made a world of a difference, i can hit every gear easily now. No weird angles like before with the 700r4 selector.

Im not sure if its specific to year(probably is tho). But my 78 column now shifts the 89 trans like factory
I think is referred to as the shifter detent for the steering column right?

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I think is referred to as the shifter detent for the steering column right?

I think so, its just the slotted c shaped bracket

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224