Power Steering Pump issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quadracerx

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well.... After doing the recommended bleeding procedure, nothing changed. The pedal still sinks about 2-3 inches before the pedal stops and brakes apply. Not good. So my next step will be to replace the master cylinder. If thats not it, I guess its the hydroboost.

In regards to the hydroboost, since the power steering pump ended up being for a 1986 instead of the year of the truck which is 1988. I looked up hydroboost part numbers for both years and they are different??? From the photos on the NAPA website I cant see a difference? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well.... After doing the recommended bleeding procedure, nothing changed. The pedal still sinks about 2-3 inches before the pedal stops and brakes apply. Not good. So my next step will be to replace the master cylinder. If thats not it, I guess its the hydroboost.

In regards to the hydroboost, since the power steering pump ended up being for a 1986 instead of the year of the truck which is 1988. I looked up hydroboost part numbers for both years and they are different??? From the photos on the NAPA website I cant see a difference? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
The hydraboost pump will have 2 return nipples

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS