power door to manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomjuice86

Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
High Sierra
Engine Size
just picked up a good original door but its all powered. i want to keep my cranks in the truck, i find it quicker to roll down the window and yell rather than lose the moment waiting for a window to go down. is it possible to pull the guts out of the power door and replace it with manual crank and lock? or install the door and upgrade the passenger door to power. also, FYI, the truck is an 86 so i have no plug in spot to juice the door or wire harness to power one or both if i was to go all power doors.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You can swap window regulators. Just remove the power lock solenoid, wiring and swap the door key tumbler.

May need to change the inside door lock rod.

Last edited:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Easier to swap to manual than power.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Changing the guts out is pretty easy. I went from manual to power and it wasn't hard, power to manual would be even easier. Once you get the door panel off you will see the bolts necessary to remove to get the window mechanism out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels