Power Brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 82 C10 has the original brake pedal for manual trans/manual brakes. The truck now has an auto trans and will soon have power brakes, so I would like to install a wider power brake pedal if I can find one.

A couple of questions:

Does the power brake pedal sit closer to the floor than the manual brake pedal?

Would the power brake pedal be the same for C/K10 to C/K30?

If anyone here has one for sale, please let me know!

Thanks.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I’ve got a vac brake pedal I removed for a hydroboost conversion. Don’t know if it’s correct for your year, mines ‘89, but it’s yours for the shipping cost. It needs a new rubber footpad and I think there was a plastic sleeve insert at the pivot point that I had to reuse. Maybe one of the smart people around here knows if it will fit.

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
There are some differences between the hydroboost pedal and one from the gas power brake booster setup. I've switched from hydroboost to vacuum boost and the pivot for the power boost push rod is in a different position than the hydroboost push rod, and also the bracket for the brake light switch is mounted in a different position.

I've done the switch from manual brake, manual trans on my 73 C10, but kept the brake pedal, works just fine.

See this link from another post.
https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/brake-pedal-switch-bracket.23268/

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks, Custodian. Very good info.

I like the idea of a wider pedal, and was thinking/hoping that it was closer to the floor, like GM cars of the 60-70s where pedal travel was much shorter than with manual brakes. I still remember the family's 62 Olds 88 where the brake pedal was not much higher than the gas pedal, and travel was very short. Being used to the manual brakes in my old Chevys, the Olds brakes would almost throw me through the windshield with just a light tap on the pedal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512