Post your interiors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
here are a few pics of my interior. this truck was brown before, I sanded it all down and painted it satin grey and flat black. New carpet kit, sound deadener, and heat shield from LMC.

What seats to you have in yours 78S&W?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Not sure I got it at a swap meet in reno for 150.00 when we were putting the truck together. Man it was a lot of work and time finding all the inside parts like new condition for a 1978 silverado , but when we got it , it still had 50% of the trim and stuff still in perfect condition , loaded inside , even a factory tach and everything works now , cruz control , elec. windows & locks , intermittent wiper's , everything.
I built the truck for her first ride , but now I think I should have kept it for myself ,hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

That certainly is a gem. :High 5:

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
heres my ol 84 i wish i still had, now my stepbrother has it and is putting different drive train in it. 305 with th350 to 454 with 700r4

not interior but i miss looking at it

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, yoooza fool for letting that one get away. But, the freakin good news is, I want gray interior very badly. Looking at that, I see its black door panels, kick panels, dash etc, and all the cloth is gray. That looks great. I can do that. I can buy all the plastic in black and not have to have it painted then go with gray cloth. I just don't like the idea of painting the plastics. I hear the paint eventually comes off.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
heres my ol 84 i wish i still had, now my stepbrother has it and is putting different drive train in it. 305 with th350 to 454 with 700r4

not interior but i miss looking at it

The exterior of that truck, that color is very close to the color I was telling Retro I liked with the Tan in the center. I could actually own that truck right there. Nice !!! Why did you get rid of it???
FYI, if your bro in law, is doing much more than stock on the 454, I'd suggest he go with a Th400 instead of the 700r4. He'll need to do some fine upgrades to get a 700r4 to hold up to a BBC, and even then, no guarentee its gonna stay together.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Yep, yoooza fool for letting that one get away. But, the freakin good news is, I want gray interior very badly. Looking at that, I see its black door panels, kick panels, dash etc, and all the cloth is gray. That looks great. I can do that. I can buy all the plastic in black and not have to have it painted then go with gray cloth. I just don't like the idea of painting the plastics. I hear the paint eventually comes off.

Yeah don't remind me lol, that's what I did was ordered new black panels instead of painting them. The bench is actually black and not gray just the way the light hit it I guess. The thing I loved most was vinyl floor although a fresh carpet looks great in these trucks. I had just about everything rebuilt minus trans and rear-end. Oh when we wired it up with a new painless wiring harness I loved how I could roll the windows down and up without a key or it draining my battery.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Why did you get rid of it???

I was young when I had my son (17), finished school early bought a truck with more room better mpg and was supporting me my wife and son while she was going to nursing school. I couldn't afford insurance on three vehicles and to let it sit and not be driven when I went to college and the wife sure the hell wasnt going to drive it. My stepbrother needed help so that was the best thing I could think of was to help out family. I don't know why but after that truck I never cared for sb gmsb trucks, I would take a lb over a sb any day.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I was young when I had my son (17), finished school early bought a truck with more room better mpg and was supporting me my wife and son while she was going to nursing school. I couldn't afford insurance on three vehicles and to let it sit and not be driven when I went to college and the wife sure the hell wasnt going to drive it. My stepbrother needed help so that was the best thing I could think of was to help out family. I don't know why but after that truck I never cared for sb gmsb trucks, I would take a lb over a sb any day.

Life happens. Sounds like you did the right thing though. Taking care of priorities first. Another square can come later. Hopefully your step bro appreciated it and took care of it.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Yeah he is, I got screwed when it was painted it has a lifetime warranty on the paint but the shop manager was an ******* and acting like it didnt. I had a spot of clear come off right above the gas cap like someone was preping it for clear and let a perfect thumb print. Then I had rust bubble up where the suppose to have cut and replaced rocker but he told me that we didn't take it to bare metal. I told him yeah you did I have pics and if you didn't why did I get charged for a rocker and time to stip it to bare metal needless to say it was fixed but my stepbro is having problems in the same spot and they won't do ****. So he's looking for someone else to do work to it so we will see

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah he is, I got screwed when it was painted it has a lifetime warranty on the paint but the shop manager was an ******* and acting like it didnt. I had a spot of clear come off right above the gas cap like someone was preping it for clear and let a perfect thumb print. Then I had rust bubble up where the suppose to have cut and replaced rocker but he told me that we didn't take it to bare metal. I told him yeah you did I have pics and if you didn't why did I get charged for a rocker and time to stip it to bare metal needless to say it was fixed but my stepbro is having problems in the same spot and they won't do ****. So he's looking for someone else to do work to it so we will see

Its ******** like that that give businesses bad names, and then all shops get sterotyped as crooks. Of course its common for body shops to do that. But, I'd still report his ass to the Better Biz Bureau. You can do it online by going to www.bbb.org. Not because it will settle anything, but because he will have a chance to respond with his lies and mistruths. It will end up in an unresolved case against them so others will see their grade and maybe avoid doing biz with them. Insurance companies certainly won't want to do work with them. It aslo gives others who have a real case against them some ammo and a record to fall back on. I assume you don't have a contract for the work he did and the lifetime warranty listed in warranty? If you did regardless if it was taken to bare metal, my arguement would be, if it wasn't taken to bare metal, then why wasn't that caught BEFORE it got painted and this would have been avoided, and with a lifetime warranty, you're still responsible.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
Yeah I'd have to dig up some paper work to find out but that's what I was thinking was the bbb.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The thing about the triple B is the ".org". Something more official and government-run like your state level Attorney General's office would have them jumping through more legal hoops than they would care for. If someone files a complaint through the AG you fill out an official form and the business is assigned an investigator, and the business has to answer to all your concerns, fill out forms or be fined, and things are a lot more likely to get done if you're in the right. Whenever I have a local business disagreement I always go the the state leve AG office.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
good to know

J Knight

Full Access Member