Possible score?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
I should know in a day or two if this is going to happen but I may have just scored big on a 96 Tahoe. Mechanically it went in today for an alternator, but the owners are loosing faith in it. I may be able to pick it up for as little as $500, and I won't even need a gun to do it.

The really bad on this is the body, it is a Minnesota truck and so the bottom half of the body is rotted out.

The engine was recently rebuilt and the tranny still works. The interior looks immaculate and the rear bumper is in decent shape.

Should I manage to ste..acquire this vehicle I am going to have a stripping party. The tranny will go into my burb that needs one. Bonus, I get to keep my core. The seats will also move into the burb as mine are ripped. The rear bumper will also be transplanted. It has new rubber and good wheels so I will have an extra 5 wheels for my burb. I may remount with studs at some point.

I will then pull everything from under the hood. At this point I'm not sure what I will do but I am toying with the idea of replacing my 454 with the Vortec 350 on my 77 C30. If I decide to do that I want to see if I can trade around for a 4L80e to swap in. That would give me a nice powertrain for the 77.

I have certain things I am looking for out of it and I will pull those items. Other items may be pulled if I know of interest. Once I've stripped it AND scrap prices go up ($50/ton here as of this morning) I will scrap the carcas.

Here's hoping this deal happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx