Parking break assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwellAZginger

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/400
Just got a 76 k10(traded for an AR15). Needs some work. The parking brake assembly is not working, the teeth are worn down too much to catch on the gear. I am new to this market. Is there a good place to get a functional part or an aftermarket replacement for the parking brake?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wonder if there is a year model difference in the pedal mechanisms? Someone here probably has one they'd sell cheaper than you buy a new one if you even find it. I think I may have kept the one from a 91 Burb, I'd have to try to find out where it's at though.

SwellAZginger

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350/400
I wonder if there is a year model difference in the pedal mechanisms? Someone here probably has one they'd sell cheaper than you buy a new one if you even find it. I think I may have kept the one from a 91 Burb, I'd have to try to find out where it's at though.

I am not sure on the cross year compatibility I just want one that works. I do not like not having a parking brake to use. If you can find one that will work and willing to sell it. Let me know.

Thanks.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

moboss

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Lmc is a fantastic company , you should be able to get a new one from them .

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Some here don't feel so fantastic about LMC. Some items are great, some are not.

Just so you 2 newbs know, one of our Moderators here has his Burb on the Cover of LMC Catalog. It's to bad it's riddled with misspelling and info as far as year and such. Someone missed proofreading, but nonetheless his is on the cover which is pretty cool.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
The pedal assembly itself is the same throughout the squarebody model years so if you find a good one it won't matter on the year

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The pedal assembly itself is the same throughout the squarebody model years so if you find a good one it won't matter on the year

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help and confirmation bluex. That'll make it pretty easy for him to find someone here that has one. Many of us have extra parts from scrapping or parting out trucks and hoarding parts.

Take a second and re upload your avatar blue. Not all of them transferred during the new software update.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'll have to look in my donors and see what condition they're in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20