On door weather stripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
I have some weather stripping ready to install, but can't see any place for it to actually go. There are no holes to mount the one end to and I can't find any pics showing proper placement.

Anyone have any pics, or tips?

Brandon

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Are you talking about the inner/outer stripping at the bottom of the window glass? If so once you take the old out you'll see slots the clips clip to. I used a screwdriver to carefully pry the outer seal. You have to roll the window down first and you may want to wrap part of the screwdriver with electrical tape to protect your paint.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
Are you talking about the inner/outer stripping at the bottom of the window glass? If so once you take the old out you'll see slots the clips clip to. I used a screwdriver to carefully pry the outer seal. You have to roll the window down first and you may want to wrap part of the screwdriver with electrical tape to protect your paint.

No sir, I'm referring to the one that runs on top of the door that seals to the upper door jam. I have re pop doors (which I am regretting) and they don't have any holes for screws anywhere.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The door jamb seal on mine attaches to the cab. There is a metal flange all the way around and the seal has a channel that you press on the flange. A pic would be helpful of what you're talking about because I've never seen the seal attach with screws.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
You're talking about this seal, right Brandon?

You must be registered for see images attach

If so, this seal doesn't use any type of fastener to install. It just snaps over the raised ridge that runs around the perimeter of the door frame:

There are some applications where the seal - rather than being mounted on the door frame - is mounted directly onto the door itself. I don't believe that this was an option in 1973 - but be advised, I know next to nothing about C/K trucks of that era.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
You're talking about this seal, right Brandon?

If so, this seal doesn't use any type of fastener to install. It just snaps over the raised ridge that runs around the perimeter of the door frame:

There are some applications where the seal - rather than being mounted on the door frame - is mounted directly onto the door itself. I don't believe that this was an option in 1973 - but be advised, I know next to nothing about C/K trucks of that era.

Ha, no sir. I'm talking about the seals that go on the doors themselves. When ordering all the rubber I found that one and got it. My truck doesn't have rain rails above the door so I figured that it would help in keeping unwanted water and wind out.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Please post some pics.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I just looked for my 2014 LMC catalog to see if it was in there. I couldn't find it, I think it is in the garage, so I looked at my old 2004 edition. That one shows a door weatherstrip for 1979 to 1981 models. It is fastened by two screws and held with adhesive in the middle. The screws are fastened around the bottom level of the window. Is this what you are talking about Brandon? How long is this weatherstrip?

EDIT- It is the one Chengny posted a pic of?

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
I just looked for my 2014 LMC catalog to see if it was in there. I couldn't find it, I think it is in the garage, so I looked at my old 2004 edition. That one shows a door weatherstrip for 1979 to 1981 models. It is fastened by two screws and held with adhesive in the middle. The screws are fastened around the bottom level of the window. Is this what you are talking about Brandon? How long is this weatherstrip?

EDIT- It is the one Chengny posted a pic of?

Yup you are talking about the right one. Item #2

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=21

It's listed as a 79-81, but it should work on a 73 right?

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
So does anyone have these on their doors?

Now that I'm driving my truck again, I get a lot of wind noise through the door and I can't stand it. Hoping to get these installed and kill the wind noise.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I think mine just have some sort of adhesive holding them on, but I can verify when I get home.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So does anyone have these on their doors?

Now that I'm driving my truck again, I get a lot of wind noise through the door and I can't stand it. Hoping to get these installed and kill the wind noise.

Yes, it came on Silverado (or Cheyenne Super) models and a lot of mine have had it, even the '88 Burb, which is a self-adhesive type. My '79 has it too, but I don't remember if it has screws at the ends. I don't think it does.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah, just verified that mine are/were held on with just an adhesive...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast