Odd cable/control going to foot feed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
JACK
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Take a picture with your phone and upload it. I'm guessing indoor wiper fluid filler hose?
I have a 1973 K10. There is a control located on the left side of dash where the vent used to be. It goes down to the foot feed and is mounted on the unit. It does nothing to affect anything. It does not pull out just turns left and right like a dimmer. It is connected with a cable but does nothing. Anybody ever heard of this. Sorry I couldn't explain it better. It's independent of the throttle cable but it's connected as though if you were to pull it it would make the truck idle higher. I have no idea. Look if you came here to be funny go somewhere else.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
This is a 73 K10 what would it be running as far as a PTO? It's not a tractor I'm confused.
Pto winch most likely being a k10. Or possibly Pto Hydraulic pump for snow plow like mentioned before.

TJ1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I have a 1973 K10. There is a control located on the left side of dash where the vent used to be. It goes down to the foot feed and is mounted on the unit. It does nothing to affect anything. It does not pull out just turns left and right like a dimmer. It is connected with a cable but does nothing. Anybody ever heard of this. Sorry I couldn't explain it better. It's independent of the throttle cable but it's connected as though if you were to pull it it would make the truck idle higher. I have no idea. Look if you came here to be funny go somewhere else.
I think I'll stay because im
curious what it is as well. Not sure if this is pertinent to your truck. But they had as an option manual throttle cable.

See this thread

Another thread may be helpful

Attachments

• 81C1F72B-7575-4257-9899-81C99F497BCC.jpeg
    81C1F72B-7575-4257-9899-81C99F497BCC.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Big Ray

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
This is a 73 K10 what would it be running as far as a PTO? It's not a tractor I'm confused.
Pretty sure. I Googled a c60, didn't say if it was a C60. The cabs are more or less the same. One controls the rpm, the other engages the pto. Common setup.
If you're interested in selling, contact @nvrenuf . Hes been looking for one.
A C60 is not a tractor, think of a big dump truck or grain hauler.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
That cable you removed from the panel where the AC vent would be is a hand throttle. One year only, 1973, had the optional hand throttle mounted in that location. That year only you could get AC or the hand throttle, but not both. 1974 and on the hand throttle cable was mounted low on the dash, right above the foot throttle.

Cable operation: Steel spring loaded ball inside set on a coarse threaded cable end. To operate it, pull hard enough so the spring ball jumps onto the threaded part of the dash cable end. Then you can spin the the knob to fine tune the RPM's wanted. Like you stated, when the knob is all the way in, it is not yet on the threaded part of the cable end, so it just spins.

It's gone now. Thank you.

If you don't want it, I will buy it.

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, your description was spot on from the beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507