np203 shift pattern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Don't feel bad, between all the reading,pics this truck has been confusing lol.

203,MM hubs, 2h/4h N 4L only shifts 2 for driving and N. Then the shift patterns I've seen are way different than what I've got.

Spudman

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
LandCruiser
Engine Size
350ci
Ok so the np203 has 2 linkages that go to one shaft. The one shaft has a Big Oval part and a Little Oval part.

Here's the question, what does each one of those do the Big one (hi-lo) the Little one (2whl-4whl) or visa versa I Don't Know.

That's where you guy's come in. Thank's for any help.

Mark

rich weyand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here it is.

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=27288.0

BTW, a lot of times when an NP203 shifter gets balky, or shifts hard, it's because it's packed up full of dirt and oil from being exposed under the truck. Take the boot off and soak it down with PB Blaster, or even better Silikroil. Let it sit overnight, and try it again. Work it back and forth through all five positions several times, then hit it again. Once it's cleaned up and operating properly, oil it with some 10W30, and you're good to go until the next time it gets packed up with dirt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30