Not sure which core support to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hi guys. Wasn't sure where to put this question so I hope this is the right place. The previous owner let this truck sit in a field and that ended up rotting most of the bottom of my core support. The truck is a 78 but it's got an 81ish I believe front clip. So would I need to buy a core support for a 78 or for an 81? Or are they the same thing? It's got the single headlight setup and if I can put an 81 core support on, I was gonna get the dual headlight core support and convert it. id like to swap it all back to the original 78 but I think it'd be more work than what it's worth

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 63

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
If you want to keep the front clip as is you can get any 81-87/91 core support and swap it in. If you want to return it to a 78 you will need a 73-80 complete front clip as well as windshield wiper studs and bumper.

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Alright I figure but I just wasn't sure. Wanted to be 100% before I went and bought something. Thanks

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You need to be specific about the headlights as the core support determines what set up for the headlights you will have to run

EG.. the dual headlight core support will not accept quad headlights

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
if you go for the quad lights beside the core support you are going to need the light buckets, the retainer rings, adjusters, bezels, and the wiring to make it work. highdesertranger

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yea I've got an old parts truck I can get all of that from. I'm not sure if I wanna go to the quad setup right away. I kinda like the single. I'd just like to have the option. It was only a couple of bucks more

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya do the quads! Way better and way cooler looking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87ScottW