No Start...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton84W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I swear if ain't one thing, it's another... Well I'm back with another problem- well multiply problems. So here I am enjoying my hash browns at Waffle House, just chilling. I get up to leave and I go out to start my truck.
I here a click from the starter gear coming out and meshing with the flywheel then nothing. I lose ALL power to everything. I lose power from all my gauges and headlights to my stereo. It's EVERYTHING. Because of this, my truck has been sitting at Waffle House since Saturday. From what I thought to try and reasearched, I have done...
  1. Cleaned and checked all connections on the battery and starter side and made sure there tight...
  2. Had the starter bench tested although not under load (high torque mini starter)...
  3. Had the battery charged and tested (have two that I've been using)...
  4. Checked all grounds (although I may have missed some)...
  5. I dropped the tilt steering colum and replaced the ignition switch with one from AutoZone (don't like them but eh)...
  6. Sure I missing something but did other stuff to...
So what do I need to do now? Not tech/ electrical savvy what so ever but kinda need help here. My plan is to replace the steering tilt colum because it had broke somewhere in there since my power steering pump went out and it finally just couldn't take the stess anymore BUT it's been like that for about a month now. Anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions? Thanks y'all...
You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Did you check the fusible links at the starter on the wires that feed the junction block on the firewall that feeds the inside of the truck. The fusible links are down at the starter.

Ashton84W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ashton
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did you check the fusible links at the starter on the wires that feed the junction block on the firewall that feeds the inside of the truck. The fusible links are down at the starter.
I had thought about those but I don't know how to test them. Forgot to mention them in my post. Could those be the culprit???

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I had thought about those but I don't know how to test them. Forgot to mention them in my post. Could those be the culprit???
Good possibility. I'd cut them out and install new inline fuses. Be sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal when doing it.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'd try that, too. Did you throw away the old ignition switch? It's probably better quality than the Duralast one unless it was one, too, or MasterPro. Ick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes