No Start Situation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Well....made it thru the hurricane with no issues other than too much yard cleanup and assisting the neighbors. I did the ALDL test and it only showed 12. No other codes. I am going to rent a fuel pressure tester next and see what happens. I did pour fuel into the TBI to see if it would fire. It did not. I had pulled the computer out to have it tested and the only place that I knew of doesn't test computers that old. This prior to doing the ALDL test. Would that have cleared any other codes?

Yes; if battery voltage is unavailable to the ECM (for 30 seconds or more), all stored codes will be cleared.

2X gpmorgan: If the engine did not even attempt to fire with gas dumped down the throat, that would pretty much eliminate a fuel supply problem.

Try pulling the 4 wire plug from the distributor and check for a spark while cranking.

Last edited:

Xman

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Finally have time to work on the R10. Found the coil was bad. I have installed the new coil and the truck is running fine. Thanks to all that replied and gave advice. With the coil bad why would there be spark at a plug? Could it be that the spark was not hot enough?
Very puzzling. Thanks again.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Finally have time to work on the R10. Found the coil was bad. I have installed the new coil and the truck is running fine. Thanks to all that replied and gave advice. With the coil bad why would there be spark at a plug? Could it be that the spark was not hot enough?
Very puzzling. Thanks again.

it could be that it was weak or the coil was taking to much time to be able to reproduce the spark for the next cylinder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64