NO Spark...... TBI 88 GMC 5.7 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
im goin to slap myself REALLY hard if that's the problem! The rotor button looks fine and my 65 yo buddy concurred (age= knowledge). ill swing by napa 1st thing in the AM and grab one up.

This old Coot that knows nothing about cars showed me up that day, when I said, yeah right, a rotor cap. And it even looked fine. I kid you not, I about **** all over myself. Not only that, that was the problem, but that the old guy who can hardley change an auto battery knew what it was, and he said this is the 3 or 4th time it's happened.

mhelms83

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
350 5.7 TBI
Its alive!!!!!

well time for a collective facepalm! it was the rotor button!!!! the burb screams again!!! i can't thank yall enough for all the help and education. next project: AC. its freakin hot in Savannah.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
well time for a collective facepalm! it was the rotor button!!!! the burb screams again!!! i can't thank yall enough for all the help and education. next project: AC. its freakin hot in Savannah.

Sweet! Glad to hear you got'er running again!

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI

Funny you say that, My Savannah(my 2 year old)is running hot too....she has had a fever for 4 days now.
AC is pretty easy in these too, but you need some gauges to do the job right.
Oneluckypops is the AC expert here from what I have read.
Now, go drive it like you stole it!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good job Mike!! :waytogo:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I knew it was the rotor cap as soon as I read that last night that you hadn't changed it yet. I swear, I read that, and my heart hit the floor and that's when the Hollyyyyyyy **** !!! That's the problem right there !!!

Sorry I didn't suggest it much sooner. I thought I had read it had been changed or I would have damn sure suggested it and told the weird story.

And I bet your rotor looked just freakin fine too didn't it???

And I TOADJA, it was gonna be easy, with a "Why didn't I think of that?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64