Newbie trying to drop Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBrat

Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Truck Year
Truck Model
Camper Special
Engine Size
Hey guys, first post.
I have had my 1980 3500 Camper special for almost a year now and im looking to drop it.
The truck is bone stock right now and ive been contemplating a belltech drop kit for it. Contemplating a 4F/5R drop.
Biggest thing is I do not want to lose towing capabilities. I use this truck to tow my cars to the track and if i can get away with not using helper bags that would be preferred. Is this pushing my luck? I dont care to sit on the stops the whole time.
Any bad word on belltech stuff on these trucks? Really looking for a straight forward installation. I do not have my eyes on a specific kit yet. I plan to call them in the next day or two and ask for their opinion also.
Heres some photos of my truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the help.

Brett.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
I need a few measurements to see what you need to do.

1. Axle tube diameter.
2. Leaf spring pack thickness(pics of leaf springs also).
3. Top of leaf spring pack to bottom of frame rail(not the bumpstop pad or bracket).
Taking this measurement twice, once with no trailer and once with a loaded trailer to see how much "squat" you have with a load you would typically haul.
4. Bottom of axle tube to top of leaf spring pack.
5. # of leafs in leaf spring pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man