New truck....maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
http://www.dahltrucks.com/Details.c...et-Custom-built-2500--4x4/Eyota-MN/#phototabs

Thinking about looking at this truck, have wanted a 3+3 square for some time now, would like a long box but this would work. Just wondering what all ya's thought about the frame shortening? Should I be worried about it or not? I assume it used to be a long box. Any opinions are welcome.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place!!!!!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I would definitely take a very close look as to the methods of how they shortened that frame and what kinda work they did on it. If done wrong that truck ain't worth $100 IMO and there are a LOT of hacks in this world.

83swb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
83'
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
They may have just put a crew cab on a suburban frame and chopped that bed to fit?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
They may have just put a crew cab on a suburban frame and chopped that bed to fit?

That's possible as well which if that is the case is a MUCH better situation. I'd rather deal with someone hackery on the bed than the frame any day of the week. :hands: on the other hand, the work (regardless of what it is) could be top notch no matter how they did it. What it comes down to is you can't make a call on a truck like that without laying underneath it and looking closely.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If it was done right that would be a cool ride.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
I'd be willing to bet that its on a burb frame with bed cut to fit. It's probably why its got a rebuilt title due to some states going off of the frame vin. At $2900 its worth a look for sure.

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Think I am going to buy this truck if its still there. If it is a head gasket thats ok, fix it and run it throught the winter and than nex summer upgrade a bit to tbi at least. First come first serve the guy told me. Has had three calls on it but no one come over. The salesman at that Dahl's is supposed to get back to me if he can find out who redid the truck. He said that the owner knew the guy that did it so we will see if its a bs story or if he comes back with the info.

1983 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 with 8' Western Snow Plow.

350 Motor - Automatic Transmission - Full Time 4x4

I have owned this truck for 12 years and it has been a great truck.
I honestly thought I would have this truck until I died.
Unfortunately it has a bad head gasket (I think)

It is getting some rust now and the floor board under the driver side is rusted through.
Passenger window does not roll down, needs to be put on track.
Had GM dealer go through and rebuild axle's a few years back.
Very Strong Truck, just needs head gasket as of this last weekend.

I have never got stuck plowing snow. This thing will go through anything!

I would fix but I have to move November 1st and won't have a driveway to keep it.

Asking $1500 Firm - the plow alone cost me $1200

Attachments

• 1983 chevy plow.jpg
    1983 chevy plow.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Chevyguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 Litre
Even with the rust it's worth $1500. You'ed make money if you parted it out. Floor boards and P/S window are easy enough to fix. How's the rest of the truck minus the head repair.

Clayton

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Got everything lined up to go get it, a 3 hr drive or so one way, and got a call from the guy saying he sold it. We were only 10 miles down the road so wasnt to bad. Wish I was closer so I couldve gotten it. Was well worth the $1500 I think. Didnt get a call back on the other one so I am waiting to see what I can find. Everything comes up for sale either when I just bought something else or when I'm not looking.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got everything lined up to go get it, a 3 hr drive or so one way, and got a call from the guy saying he sold it. We were only 10 miles down the road so wasnt to bad. Wish I was closer so I couldve gotten it. Was well worth the $1500 I think. Didnt get a call back on the other one so I am waiting to see what I can find. Everything comes up for sale either when I just bought something else or when I'm not looking.

I am slightly relieved. I try and shy away from plow trucks, they take a beating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Green K10