New Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Glad to see many of us are getting work or new jobs. I have decided I can no longer function on PPS Biz. I'll continue to do it on a case by case basis, but I have turned away more work than I have accepted the last 3 months. Gas Prices killed me. I only take services that are in my own city now. If I have to drive to N' OKC to do a service and it takes 2 attempts to hit the target, I have now broke even and didn't make any money. If I have to make 3 attempts it cost me money. So I only take what is within 8 miles or so of my house. Because of that, I am trying to find something close to full time during the day M-F. I'm hoping to get hired at a local Powder Coating company. Gonna give it a try anyway.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
:lol: you can an 'A' for your effort in my book!! :laughing1:

:handshake:

LOL.... thanks for the "A"..!!!!
naahh.. in all seriousness.. good luck to wagonman, he's aces in my book!!.. He gave me some valuable carb info!!!! :High 5:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Polyperformance wants $329 a piece. :(

That's nuckin futs !!! I think I could break a few D44 or 10B Corps and still be ahead of the game. Of course having it break in the middle of the race isn't cool.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Will ask the boss about the hubs on monday when i go backin for week 2.From what I see he dont give nuthin away cheep.Will keep yall posted..Hey Calidude how did you truck turn out?

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Will ask the boss about the hubs on monday when i go backin for week 2.From what I see he dont give nuthin away cheep.Will keep yall posted..Hey Calidude how did you truck turn out?

it turned out really good... I gave a thanks shout out on the original post about it...

I ended up just using the vacuum gauge method...(didn't have a dwell meter), but got the vacuum to read about 21 on the gauge, and couldn't get any more out of her... started off at 17.. so it really cleaned it up.. (adjusted the timing too)

I started out at three turns out, an it actually took me like 7 turns out to even it out... but it did the trick..

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Talked to the boss today about srw hubs.He asked if you meen super winch hubs?? No he dosent stock them and reccomends the top of the line Warn hubs,Warranted Forever.Is there a big price differance? Last time I was @ the local pick n pull There was a set of Warns.$$ ??

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Calidude 7 turns meens you have other issues with that carb. 21 in @ sea level is awsome though,should purr @ idle.Ya really need to use the dwell meter to see where you are at.Glad it worked out for you.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Talked to the boss today about srw hubs.He asked if you meen super winch hubs?? No he dosent stock them and reccomends the top of the line Warn hubs,Warranted Forever.Is there a big price differance? Last time I was @ the local pick n pull There was a set of Warns.$$ ??

You're talking about lock-in/lock-out hubs, I need the whole hub assembly, that the rotor and lug nuts go on, bearing races, etc. I went ahead and ordered them here...
http://extremeaxlesales.com/dana60wheelhub8on65patternpair-2-1.aspx
You can see what I'm talking about. If you don't mind ask him if he carries anything like that and how much, just for reference.

wagonman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
george
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Nah he dosent stock that stuff,he orders out of LA from a wharehouse and its droped shiped the next day.Sorry no help..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello