New guy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
Hey guys! I found this forum and had to join it after looking around for a while. I've already found a TON of good info. Any way, I joined cause my Grandpa just gave me his '77 K10 Scottsdale. It's by no means in good shape right now but it'll get there. I don't have any pictures as I haven't picked it up yet. It's definitely gonna take some elbow grease but I'm excited. I'll be bringing it home in the next couple weeks.

Aside from the truck I'm a student, I've been building Chevys for as long as I can remember with my dad, I LOVE a new project truck, and I'm totally excited that I found this site!

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Welcome Russell.
We have a 24hr requirement here for pics or HRPC will first ban you then come and take your first born. Or the truck...whichever he finds first.:wave: Really good group of guys here on the site.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Welcome aboard. :)

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to pics of the truck, rough though it may be!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy! :wave:

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
Hahaha Well hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon! I'll definitely let you guys know after I've picked it up. Thanks for the welcome!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh yeah !!! Pics or get banned. :ban: So when do you pic it up??? Sounds like you might need 48 hours.

Welcome aboard !!! So lets hear this story about it getting shot up???

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
I'm really hoping in the next week to 2 weeks I'll be able to get it. Looks like I might have to re-register! haha

As for the bullet holes... I wish I could come up with some clever story but I honestly have no idea how they got there. The truck is sitting on a rock pit where they crush rock so it was probably some drunk cowboys using it for target practice. There's only 5 or 6 holes I think (or that I've seen so far). They go through the windshield and out the back other than 1 or 2 that go into the seat and the back wall. Looks like .22.

I think what I'd like to do with the truck is to tear it down and clean it up for starters. Sand it and seal it with a primer. I'll rebuild the 350 (aiming for about 450hp). 4" Lift. 35" tires. Then in the long run finish the interior, paint it, bed liner, etc. I'm excited! It'll be a while though seeing how being a student isn't exactly high income :yucky:

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm really hoping in the next week to 2 weeks I'll be able to get it. Looks like I might have to re-register! haha

As for the bullet holes... I wish I could come up with some clever story but I honestly have no idea how they got there. The truck is sitting on a rock pit where they crush rock so it was probably some drunk cowboys using it for target practice. There's only 5 or 6 holes I think (or that I've seen so far). They go through the windshield and out the back other than 1 or 2 that go into the seat and the back wall. Looks like .22.

I think what I'd like to do with the truck is to tear it down and clean it up for starters. Sand it and seal it with a primer. I'll rebuild the 350 (aiming for about 450hp). 4" Lift. 35" tires. Then in the long run finish the interior, paint it, bed liner, etc. I'm excited! It'll be a while though seeing how being a student isn't exactly high income :yucky:

2 WEEKS !!! Hell, I'll be a senior citizen by then. Really? We gotta wait that long???
That's no cool shooing up the truck story at all. I take it that it's been sitting for quite some time? You'll be going with a 383 stroker and some other mods to get 450hp outta of the 350. It can sure be done though.

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
haha I'm sorry! Maybe I can get some sent to me before then. But yeah it's been sitting for about a year. I'm already making a parts list for this thing. As far as that engine goes when I tear it down I'll get it bored. If I can find a decent set of aluminum heads I'll snag 'em. Along with that I'll be doing an intake, cam, carb, headers, and valves. But I can talk all I want about it... Doesn't mean anything til the truck hits the pavement! err... Til' there's pictures on the forum! ha

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
haha I'm sorry! Maybe I can get some sent to me before then. But yeah it's been sitting for about a year. I'm already making a parts list for this thing. As far as that engine goes when I tear it down I'll get it bored. If I can find a decent set of aluminum heads I'll snag 'em. Along with that I'll be doing an intake, cam, carb, headers, and valves. But I can talk all I want about it... Doesn't mean anything til the truck hits the pavement! err... Til' there's pictures on the forum! ha

Nawww, no biggie. We give lots of **** about pics is all.

Why Aluminum? You mentioned yourself that you're a student and income is low. A set of Vortecs are a good bang for the buck and much easier on the budget. Of course you're setting the 450hp goal a bit high. I'd just get the thing running for now, even if it's a 190hp stocker. Maybe a re ring job and valve job to the motor that's in it. You could always put an RV cam, lifters, timing chain, and Eddy intake and get up there around 250hp or so for now. Get the truck safe, sound and sanitary first, then find you a core motor for cheap to start working on while still driving it. Might even consider finding a Big Block if you want 450hp. You don't have to do near as much to a BB as you do a small block to get the hp, not to mention the BB is always gonna kill it in torque over the SB. Just something to think about. You gotta walk before you can run in most cases.

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
No worries, I figured! haha

Everything is still up in the air until I get this thing. I was thinking aluminum because I've seen a few guys around here pick up a perfect set pulled from the u-pull-it for dirt cheap. However you made a great point about those vortec heads! But we'll see what happens. I'll be taking my time on it cause I've got a daily driver that I use at school too. So I guess as long as I can force myself to stash some money it won't be TOO big of an issue.

I've thought about checking out some of the junk yard engines and seeing what there is to work with. It's all a process! haha

I am curious though, are there very many people from the Northwest on here? I met a lot of people when I was working on my S10 project who were in the area and it was definitely helpful!

Reaction score
First Name
Russell
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
And by the way, thanks for your input and thanks in advance for all the help HotRodPC! Just makes me more eager to get this ball rolling.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not a problem. That's another thing we try to do here, is keep each other motivated !!! :waytogo:

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Latest posts