New guy from PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
I looked for pics and realized I didn't really have any except these 2 from when I bought it. I'm the third owner.
The original owner was a big local crane manufacturer in my home town. It was one of their fleet trucks. The 2nd owner was an employee who bought it from them because he said it had the 350 rebuilt just before he got it.
He said he drove it to work for a few years, but then got a small car for the gas mileage (over an hour commute), and he's only used it for truck duty for over 15yrs (which was confirmed through the dmv because it hadn't been registered since 2003).
He half-ass painted it when he bought it because he said he didn't want it to be obvious that he had one of their fleet trucks. I believe it was originally solid dark green.
The guy wanted 3k, but I thought half of that was reasonable.
Lots of work ahead of me, but like I said.....I drove it home, so that's half the battle. Tracks straight, steering is good, frame and body has a lot going for it. No idea wtf he was thinking on the color. He said he didn't really realize that mixing green and white would have such a blue tint. [emoji23]
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Does anyone here know what the plow setup might be worth? It's an old school meyer angle setup. Its complete, in nice shape, and even has the old meyer switches mounted in the cab. The PO said he never even had a plow for it.
I've pulled all the wiring and will be removing the mount, etc, this weekend. I considered keeping it because it's really cool and all original, but I could use some parts money for other parts.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome: happy to have you

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Sorry crispy.... i forgot you :doh2:. The last motor that was in my square that i blew up was from bangor...

Its all good man. You didnt buy from a guy who had it in his ground level basement in a Ford truck, did ya?

Does anyone here know what the plow setup might be worth? It's an old school meyer angle setup. Its complete, in nice shape, and even has the old meyer switches mounted in the cab. The PO said he never even had a plow for it.
I've pulled all the wiring and will be removing the mount, etc, this weekend. I considered keeping it because it's really cool and all original, but I could use some parts money for other parts.

Dunno if its worth more to collector of that stuff or someone who needs to repair their setup. I see full setups with the plow blade going for 400-500. I've never seen one with round lights so thats kinda cool. What kind of pump is on it?

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
:welcome: from AZ. You are in the right place for help. These guys are great. Most are full of crap but are helpful and very knowledgeable, :happy107:

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Its all good man. You didnt buy from a guy who had it in his ground level basement in a Ford truck, did ya?

Dunno if its worth more to collector of that stuff or someone who needs to repair their setup. I see full setups with the plow blade going for 400-500. I've never seen one with round lights so thats kinda cool. What kind of pump is on it?
Nice. I'd have to look at the pump. I'm sure it'll need rebuilt/seals/etc.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

I got it many years ago lol it went in my 90 gmt400 b4 my square. It wasnt in a vehicle. It actually came from ebay. It was in a ground level like 2 car garage basement thing in a little alley.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I got it many years ago lol it went in my 90 gmt400 b4 my square. It wasnt in a vehicle. It actually came from ebay. It was in a ground level like 2 car garage basement thing in a little alley.

Just making sure I didnt sell you a motor that grenaded. I sold a 350 out of my basement a few years ago but my house is built like a bank barn so I can drive right up to my basement door. The guy pulled his ford, tailgate down, right to my door then we heaved it into the bed lol. Lots of alleys in Bangor, i like em.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Just making sure I didnt sell you a motor that grenaded. I sold a 350 out of my basement a few years ago but my house is built like a bank barn so I can drive right up to my basement door. The guy pulled his ford, tailgate down, right to my door then we heaved it into the bed lol. Lots of alleys in Bangor, i like em.
You woulda knew my truck, red, tinted windows, lifted, loud, 31's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus