New guy from NY.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
85 and 87
Truck Model
K25- K25
Engine Size
350 and 350
Hey everyone, I finally remembered to make my way over here, I`m a member on shaggy`s tahoe yukon forum and GMFS.

I`ve been lurking around for a week or two and it seems like a great forum.

I`m from orange county NY and have a few square bodies.

I have an 87 GMC 3/4 ton suburban and an 85 GMC 3/4 ton sierra.

You must be registered for see images attach

And the reason i`m on the tahoe yukon forum.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome to the site and for crying out loud you've got some nice rides!!!! Don't mind me if I kick ya in the nuts and take one off your hands for ya :nutkick:

:lol:

Seriously, though, I'm assuming those SB's have had quite a bit of work done to them? Care to share any before pics? :) We are pic ****** on this site and very visual! :D

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Welcome man!

Thats a good looking bunch!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome!!!! You have some nice rides. I really like your taste in wheels on your SB. I especially like your Sierra, clean, and not a bunch of crap on it, just a good looking truck. Feel free to ask questions, or just get stupid with us.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome!!!! You have some nice rides. I really like your taste in wheels on your SB. I especially like your Sierra, clean, and not a bunch of crap on it, just a good looking truck. Feel free to ask questions, or just get stupid with us.

x2 on everything clean said:D

...and we can get pretty stupid at times :lol:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome! I really dig the orange truck! Very nice pickup!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
85 and 87
Truck Model
K25- K25
Engine Size
350 and 350
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I`ve owned the pickup since 1994 so i`ll have to find some before pictures and scan them if my crappy scanner feels like working.

The only original parts left from when i bought it are the transmission and transfer case and the frame.

About a year after i got it the body just fell apart due to very poor rust repairs by the previous owner so i found a bed and a cab from texas that was rust free and replaced the whole nose and unfortunately could only afford a cheap maaco paint job but it has held up well.

A few years later i blew the locker in the 14 bolt sf and my friend had an 87 1 ton he was parting out so i bought the axles and the 205 t-case for $1500 and swapped them in. I never got around to installing the 205 and sold it.

People think i`m crazy because the only reason i bought the axles is that i love the way a dana 60 looks under my truck way more than a coporate 10 bolt. There aren`t many places to go offroading around here so i`ll never need the strength of a 60 it`s just for looks.

The suburban was bought to be my winter beater so the pickup could stay in the garage. It was a bone stock two tone black over white with ugly running boards and stock steel wheels with hubcaps:shitsweak:

The running boards and hubcaps came off on day 1. I don`t have many pictures because it was just plain ugly but it was amazingly rust free for a northeast vehicle that i was told was mainly used to tow a boat in the summers, that would explain the low miles. 40,*** when i bought it.

Well my lack of ability to leave any car or truck i`ve ever owned stock and turn it into a money pit/project got to me because it was too rust free to leave alone.

So 1 pissed off girlfriend and about 10 grand later it was all done.

The drivetrain is all stock except for dual flowmaster exhaust.

But i replaced the bumpers, door handles, wheel well mouldings, grille, the entire nose, headliner, stereo/speakers, replaced the bench seat for 1989 suburban buckets,wheels/tires and a whole bunch of stuff i know i`m forgetting. And i decided to get a real paintjob on this one. allthough there was only one rust hole in the driver side quarter panel about the size of a pencil eraser it cost me $4,500. The color is bermuda blue metallic found on the SSR pickup and newer tahoes/yukons. it`s blue but turns green and purple in the sunshine.

Sorry for the long post, I just figured i`d explain everything all at once.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
No need to apologize for the long post! That's some good insight into your squares. They are in great shape! The paint on the burb looks to be a custom paint that changes color in the sun :D

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
:welcome:clean trucks!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Awzumm !!! Another 3/4 ton truck guy. All of mine except the K10 and K1500 are 3/4 tons, and the 4x4's are easily converted to 3/4 ton and will be. Nice Rigs !!! Welcome BigFoot !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88