New guy from NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gm_holden

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
350ci
Hello to all, Little bit about myself. I've always been into Ls engines I've owned 4th gen camaro's, tbss, g8's, chevy ss. I'm about to buy a beautiful (well to me) '75 c10 swb. Truck has a lot of upgrades suspension parts, rebuilt th350, rebuild engine 350, interior etc etc.

Main question, truck has rust by on the fenders see in person on both sides. (see in picture) I always loved the OG look on these. But now i'm getting a little nervous actually pulling the trigger. Would you just say "screw it and have fun and leave it that's nothing" or just pass on the truck in general and get a C5 or C6 Vette since my friend's are saying the C10 are not hot anymore lol. Other than those issues, she runs beautiful. Thanks!

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
My opinion is it shouldn’t be about what’s hot. The only heat factor should be what it does for you. I absolutely hate bro trucks, and I think they are the stupidest, most pointless pieces of junk, but these kids huddle around that **** in a Rite Aid parking lot at one in the morning like it’s gold. But I disagree with what your friends are saying. They’re getting hotter. There are still plenty around, but they’re far from ubiquitous, and the style marks the end of the line of classic GM for some. Some think the GMT400 does, but I am not one of those people. They may not ever reach Tri-Five Chevy status, but if you want a bonafide classic truck with a few modern conveniences, it’s either this, a 72-93 Dodge, or an 80-96 F-Series.

This truck seems to be well optioned judging by the decor treatment so I would, if it were me, deal with the rust and roll because it’s too nice to stay like that. The wheels and color aren’t my bag, but if the price was right, and the inside wasn’t all hacked up, I’d scoop it up in a minute. It’s never wrong to walk if you have too many reservations, and if you want a platform for a modern setup, the Vette might be an ace in the hole since you wouldn’t have to start from near scratch like you would here, but it should definitely be an internalized decision process because these trucks look as good as they are solid.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Welcome to GMSB from Virginia

I like it if you like it and can afford it make it yours, I personally don’t really care what others think. I believe all antique vehicles should be driven and enjoyed.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Welcome from Roanoke Rapids NC! I like the truck...and you cant haul **** in a Vette. But I would definitely always do whatever my friends suggest! Just joking man, welcome.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Hello to all, Little bit about myself. I've always been into Ls engines I've owned 4th gen camaro's, tbss, g8's, chevy ss. I'm about to buy a beautiful (well to me) '75 c10 swb. Truck has a lot of upgrades suspension parts, rebuilt th350, rebuild engine 350, interior etc etc.

Main question, truck has rust by on the fenders see in person on both sides. (see in picture) I always loved the OG look on these. But now i'm getting a little nervous actually pulling the trigger. Would you just say "screw it and have fun and leave it that's nothing" or just pass on the truck in general and get a C5 or C6 Vette since my friend's are saying the C10 are not hot anymore lol. Other than those issues, she runs beautiful. Thanks!

If you care about whats hot, let it go to some one that will appreciate it, and move on.

Just make sure you have the money to keep up with the next fads(im poor, my suburban has rust, and I dont give a rats ass who likes it). I love it.

Lol, good looking truck, rust adds character(doesn't look too bad), and welcome.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

gm_holden

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
350ci
Thanks guys! Think i'm going to purchased told my friend I was going to test drive around the block and come back. That test drive took about a hour lol. Truck was so much fun just cruising around especially with my 4 yr old son riding shot gun.

gm_holden

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 swb
Engine Size
350ci
He wants $6,800 so to me I think its a good buy. I always wanted a round eye. Plans for now is get the hood as close to possible to match the rest of the truck and change out the wheels, air ride or may just leave the lowering djm kit on it 5/6.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
He wants $6,800 so to me I think its a good buy. I always wanted a round eye. Plans for now is get the hood as close to possible to match the rest of the truck and change out the wheels, air ride or may just leave the lowering djm kit on it 5/6.

That seems damn high.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Last edited:

Big Chip