New guy from Indy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72BBNova

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hello everybody, just wanted to share some info and some pictures of my first truck. Its a 75 Cheyenne C20 camper special, 454/TH400. I found it on Craig's list back in March in Ohio. It's the original paint and when I brought it home the odometer was reading 50,064 miles. It was built in California and went to Oregon. It then went to Montana at some point then to Ohio in early February of this year. The gentleman I bought it from only had it 6 weeks and decided to sell it instead of fixing it up. When I got it home it went up on jack stands and I went through the brakes completely, replacing all the rubber hoses, front pads, calipers, rear shoes and wheel cylinders and hardware, master cylinder and power booster and had the original drums and rotors turned, they still had a lot of meat left on them. I then replaced the original 4 core radiator and all the heater and radiator hoses and thermostat. The power steering hoses got replaced also, leaking bad from dry rot. Then came the tune up with a new ignition module, coil, cap & rotor, and wires from Performance Distributors in Memphis. The Q-jet didn't need anything, runs almost as good as EFI. I replaced the 16.5" rims 2 weeks ago with Wheel Vintiques series 82, 16"x7" 8 lug truck wheels and had them powder coated white with new 265/75/16 Michelin Defender LTX MS tires. HUGE difference in the ride. I took in to get it aligned thinking it was going to need something on the front end but everything was good, I was pleasantly surprised. I also had it Rust Checked 3 days ago, it's still dripping everywhere. The gentleman that did it told me he sprayed it on heavier than normal cause he liked the truck. Here's a few before and after pictures. Jeff

BEFORE
You must be registered for see images attach

Apparently saddle colored carpet fades to green.

NEW WHEELS & TIRES

Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site, clean truck.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard
nice looking truck

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Very nice, I basically have the 81 version of that truck and love it. Hope it treats you well.
Also for me advancing the timing really woke up the truck, think the factory advance was 4° initial and I ran around 12° for awhile without a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub