new from idaho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanyourhide

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup custom
Engine Size
250 inline 6
Hi there got a 1977 k10 suburban Silverado couple months ago. A buddy at work gave it to me when he ran out of room after he bought a ranger. The title has long story that explains why it's not in my name yet. Last summer I had acquired it from my coworker under the pretense I would make some payments for $500. It had been sitting under a tree for 8 years. When we got some gas in the carb it started right up. We got a battery rolled it home and cleaned it up. I quickly learned something was amiss. Sometimes (which became more frequent) it would grind when I attempted to start it. Other times it would start no problems. After replacing the starter and being stranded a couple times I gave back. Hadn't seen it up until a couple months ago. When I got it I told myself I'll just get a motor for it and we'll be in good shape. It came with a stock rebuilt 400 sbc. The starter mount on the outside of the block had stress cracks that led to the hole breaking off the block. So after dragging my feet for a month or so I found a 350 on Craigslist came out of a 79 k10 some old guy had modified and put a crane on it. I got the old motor out and parts swapped over. Then when I got the motor in I realized that it wouldn't fit proper because I had a inch or so gap between tranny and block when it sat in the mounts. What the !^$^? Everybody and their dog said these were so easy to work with and swap but I have run into nothing but trouble (like the movie). This weekend I am going to make another go at it, hopefully I can get some experienced muscle on it with me instead of just me.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard

1ATony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Welcome to the site

Tony

tanyourhide

Reaction score
First Name
jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 pickup custom
Engine Size
250 inline 6
You must be registered for see images attach
Just Thought I Would Add A Picture Of My Square Body here. It gave me the inspiration for handle, tanyourhide

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Very nice..

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator