New 1980 C10 Big 10 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1980 Big Ten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
Responding to 78c10big10:

You asked about where I dug her up and how much I paid. I waited to answer until I actually had her in my possession. I found her on eBay. It wasn’t easy to title but the seller went above and beyond to help. Insurance appraised her at $21k and fortunately I paid less than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CreepyVanDude

Reaction score
First Name
UncleCreepy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
Buddy, looks like you got one hellva deal. I am no where near an expert, but my thoughts would be anything with rubber should be checked and re checked. hoses, belts, tires, fuel and brake lines.. oh and all seals and gaskets after a few miles. but just my 2cents worth. I picked up a 78 burb last year with around 80k original miles. Still far from a daily(fat girl like to drink) but im getting there. Very slowly.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
That is an amazing score!

I wonder why it was never used and just sat for all those years....

1980 Big Ten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
Catbox: The guy owned a junk yard and he got pissed when she got a few dings early on. So he bought a beater truck for the yard and parked her in the barn for 36 years so she wouldn’t get any more dings. He basically loved her to (near) death. I’m bringing her back and putting her on the road where she belongs.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Catbox: The guy owned a junk yard and he got pissed when she got a few dings early on. So he bought a beater truck for the yard and parked her in the barn for 36 years so she wouldn’t get any more dings. He basically loved her to (near) death. I’m bringing her back and putting her on the road where she belongs.

Yea but its a great thing he did. Thats a damn nice original!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm