Neutral Safety Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDOVA

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Can anyone tell me what I’m missing to mount this or have an example of what it should look like. Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Buickspec6231

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I just replaced my switch too. My column was like yours, and it had an all plastic neutral safety/back up switch that snapped into those smaller holes. It looks like your switch bolts on, which is the older style. I'm new to square bodies, but I think you are trying to use the wrong parts together.

CDOVA

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
From what I understand I think 81 and up trucks had the switch you have and prior to that were ones like I have. My truck is a 78. I want to say there’s supposed to be some sort of bracket it screws into but I can’t find anything online. At this point I wish I did have your type of switch.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Based on the LMC truck catalog there are three versions of the neutral safety switch with automatic - 73-75, 76-80, and 81-87. They don't sell mounting brackets for any of them, so I can only guess at the differences.

Bruce

CDOVA

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I noticed that also. I'm gonna give a zip tie a try until I figure it out. Thanks

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
the older ones had those spring clip type nuts. I can't think of the right name for them at the moment. highdesertranger

Battlac40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra Classic
Engine Size
There are two clip-in style ones and 1 bolt-in style one for our squares.
Keep in mind other GM stuff fits.
Mine was the bolt in style one but not factory to my 81' - looks like it has been in there for 19-years though-
When I found the "square" bolt in one's electric pins were wrong, I looked through The O'rieley's Neutral safety switch section and found one that looked like the right pins and bolted on. Had one more pin than necessary but all the others lined up and functioned properly.
Get-her-done!
:gm: