Need wiring diagram for 1987 Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrnapolean1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
'87
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3 V6
I am having starting issues with my 1987 Chevy R10 with a 4.3 V6.

I need a complete engine wiring diagram. I am thinking I have a smushed or broken wire somewhere.

It seems like its not getting any fire. Cap/rotor/wires and plugs are 4 months old.

The only wiring diagrams I can find are for the V8s with a carburetor.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
There are diagrams posted in the sticky thread

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Unless your truck's wiring has been disturbed, it is probably not the problem. It is most likely a faulty component.

You might have more luck running through these diagnostic charts. The first is "Engine Cranks But Won't Run" and since you think that there is no spark at the plugs (did you check?) the "Ignition System Check" is also included.

You must be registered for see images attach

The easiest way to begin diagnosing a non-start is to provide the engine with an external fuel source. Get a can of ether (starting fluid) and spray a good long blast down the throat of the throttle body into the intake manifold. Then quickly, before the ether can evaporate, jump in the truck and crank it over. If the engine fires at all (it won't run long on that little blast of ether), you have determined that the failure to start is due to a lack of fuel. If it just cranks over and doesn't even kick at all, you can safely assume that you have an ignition (spark) problem.

Just that one step will eliminate one entire half of the diagnostic procedure. You can then concentrate on either a lack of fuel or lack of spark.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack253