Need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Psycho_Outlaw

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a cracked bracket that attaches to frame and leaf spring shackle. Need to know what the part name is so I can order a new one. I have tried googling it with no luck. Also the Leaf springs on the front are flat? Is this normal, or are just worn out and need replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 73

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Thats going to be a hard part to find. If it were mine I would drill a hole at the end of the crack to stop it and try to force it closed with somthing and weld it back together. Some others may have some different advice tho. The springs are supposed to be reverse arched like that but they could be a bit saggy if they are original.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
yep weld her up. a little reinforcing metal wouldn't hurt. highdesertranger

Psycho_Outlaw

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i have thought about it. ? is though... its already failed once how long before it fails again. not saying i will go beat on the truck. I would like to take it down to the river here and there. I have not found a direct replacement, but i have found something i am pretty sure will work. http://diy4x.com/product.php?productid=17714&cat=250&page=1

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Im with George. Drill a hole at the end of the crack, to stop the crack from spreading any further, and then put a jack under the front spring hanger and press the crack closed then have a good competent welder weld that up!

Those custom brackets would work BUT !!! they probably will pull the springs forward which would create issues if your gonna keep the factory front springs. Those brackets are designed for using longer stock rear leafs in the front.

And yes those front leaf springs look like they are in great shape for factory front leafs. They might have been a little bit closer to straight when the truck was brand new.

Psycho_Outlaw

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Those custom brackets would work BUT !!! they probably will pull the springs forward which would create issues if your gonna keep the factory front springs. Those brackets are designed for using longer stock rear leafs in the front.

I know these brackets are made for longer springs. However they have multiple spring mounting holes and they mount to the factory location so I don't think it would be that far off. I asked this question on the website....BUT I have not gotten a reply back yet. When I am ready to address the issue I will call and ask...

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I know these brackets are made for longer springs. However they have multiple spring mounting holes and they mount to the factory location so I don't think it would be that far off. I asked this question on the website....BUT I have not gotten a reply back yet. When I am ready to address the issue I will call and ask...

Ya maybe it will work but if that's the route you end up going, Its gonna be a lot of work to change them out! probably gonna need at least a couple flats of motivational fluids lol.

Getting at those rivets up there is gonna be a real PITA.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
If it's welded by a good welder and he uses a DC Tig at the right heat range with the correct filler it wont fail again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS