Need halp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
But the customer is always right !!! YEAH F'IN RIGHT !!!

You know now many customers who were right, that I left them there? Several. I'm in the business to help people that WANT and NEED my help. As I tell bosses and dispatchers, Don't tolerate that ****. Nicely explain to the customer, We are the professionals, we deal with this every single day, that's what we do, so if'll you'll relax a bit, we'll get this worked out for you. I tell them the same thing. When they jump ugly with me, that's when I tell them, OK, so you're looking for a tow operator that doesn't know what he's doing and you can tell how it's going to be, so I'm going to call dispatch and cancel this call, then you can call your motorclub back and get a new driver dispatched. Maybe he'll be an idiot, so I suggest you tell the motorclub to request Fastlane, I used to work for those *********, now I don't so all that is left is idiots and they'll be right out to you in about an hour or 2 or 3. Have a wonderful day sir. And simply drive off. It's that simple. I won't allow someone else who is sitting out in the weather stranded needing help, to be held up by some arrogant ***** that THINKS he knows what's up. Just like customers who ride trying to tell me how to get to a shop, which lane I need to be in etc. I tell them, I've been driving the streets of OKC Metro since 1991 in a service providing occupation. I know where traffic builds up and what shortcuts to take, when to avoid which freeways and which intersections as well as been to all these shops 100's of times in the last few years, so I know exactly where they are. If they continue to try and tell me where to go, I make a joke of it, although I'm serious as hell, I can let you out, call a cab, and I"ll meet you there. They tend to talk about something else. I can't stand being told where to turn and which lane to get in, especially when they've never driven a tow truck and don't have a clue as to what we put up with from other drivers.

Had it been a busy day and a AAA call I would have called dispatch and been done with it. It was a private call on what had been a slow day. This would not have been the fiasco it was if the customer hadn't been spending all his time on the phone with a SALESMAN in a different COUNTRY! Once we got him out of the picture things went much smoother. Good news was that since it was a private call I was able to charge for all the time involved and we weren't stuck with motor club rates. He may not get full reimbursement from M-B roadside assistance but that will be his problem as we have been paid.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I had a Dodge Journey yesterday that wouldn't recognize the key. It wouldn't come out of gear eather. I Just loaded it on bed backwards towed to dealership and slide it off bed and rolled truck out from under it. I use my wreckmaster skates a lot for stuck in gear cars. Another easy way is to just dolly them with a wrecker

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
I had a Dodge Journey yesterday that wouldn't recognize the key. It wouldn't come out of gear eather. I Just loaded it on bed backwards towed to dealership and slide it off bed and rolled truck out from under it. I use my wreckmaster skates a lot for stuck in gear cars. Another easy way is to just dolly them with a wrecker

Getting it loaded and hauled off wasn't the issue. Waiting for all the parties involved to pull their collective heads out was. I was into it for almost an hour before they decided to let me do my job.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
Yea that's the worse part when we get there and someone forgot important details like it won't roll or they want it taken to a shop that doesn't do the type of work car needs. Had one tonight that hit a pothole and blew out 2 tires and bent the rims. Agero wanted it towed to closest shop that only done oil changes lol. Guess someone will be towing it again tomarrow lol because I wasn't arguing with owner about where they said take it.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
I'll be back tomorrow to tow the one I broke last night. She is still trying to decide where to take it. She told me one shop (not a bad choice) but she was under the impression that he would also do the body work. She didn't like hearing that wasn't the case and so she needs to do her research on where she wants it to go. She asked me where she should take it and I tried to stay out of that. She asked why and I told her I didn't want her thinking I had a vested interest in where she takes it as I was responsible for some of the damage.

I did an AAA call a couple weeks ago where I got to the tow destination to find I couldn't drop there. That was fun. Always nice to show up in the middle of the night 80 miles from home to have to improvise the drop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666