Mystery valve... came out 78 400 th350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
That's from a CCC system, or from a truck with HD emissions with the little controller box on the firewall (possibly).

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Computer Control Command is the GM name for the electronic feedback fuel system starting (U.S. Federal emissions) with cars in 1981 (similar for Cali in 1980).
Heavy Duty emissions is kind of a misnomer. They were easier to meet standards, for higher GVW trucks that were phased in over the years.
There were some non-computer controlled HD emission trucks with electronically controlled A.I.R. systems. The box looked like this. I'm pretty sure I lifted this image from this site. I have seen some of these myself as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Computer Control Command is the GM name for the electronic feedback fuel system starting (U.S. Federal emissions) with cars in 1981 (similar for Cali in 1980).
Heavy Duty emissions is kind of a misnomer. They were easier to meet standards, for higher GVW trucks that were phased in over the years.
There were some non-computer controlled HD emission trucks with electronically controlled A.I.R. systems. The box looked like this. I'm pretty sure I lifted this image from this site. I have seen some of these myself as well.

My '86 C20 454 Suburban had a non-computer controlled engine and it had dual smog pumps. It had that box on the firewall.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
My '86 C20 454 Suburban had a non-computer controlled engine and it had dual smog pumps. It had that box on the firewall.
Someone has that monstrosity for sale on our local CL. I imagine the manifolds ran shockingly hot.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Someone has that monstrosity for sale on our local CL. I imagine the manifolds ran shockingly hot.

Lol, damn! I didn't remove the manifolds, but I have the rest of the garbage. I've never found anybody willing to just take it for free.

MikecLA

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
i go with bucket. smog diverter valve. probably could ebay it. i was looking at a truck to buy but the guy pitched all the smog i would need for CA.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
CCC? What is heavy duty emissions?
CCC is Computer Command Control. GM's 2nd computer system, (if you don't count ESC as a computer system) but first computer system in trucks. It incorported ESC (Electronic Spark Control) along with a feedback carb with a mixture solenoid. C4 was GM's first computer which was Computer Controlled Catalytic Converter.

That part look alot Fordish to me. And it's missing a cap, either metal or plastic that goes over that thermostic looking part with the spring.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
CCC is Computer Command Control. GM's 2nd computer system, (if you don't count ESC as a computer system) but first computer system in trucks. It incorported ESC (Electronic Spark Control) along with a feedback carb with a mixture solenoid. C4 was GM's first computer which was Computer Controlled Catalytic Converter.

That part look alot Fordish to me. And it's missing a cap, either metal or plastic that goes over that thermostic looking part with the spring.
i was thinking ford too for a hot minute.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

FYI those are the rare '85 1/2 -'86 stainless 4 into1 OEM manifolds.

You must be registered for see images

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
FYI those are the rare '85 1/2 -'86 stainless 4 into1 OEM manifolds.

You must be registered for see images
Makes sense, the EGTs from that setup could be staggering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrenchersllc