My 87 GMC Longbed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB, Looks like a worthy save to me.

fried_daddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Hmm, a 700R4 swap might be in order then. If your ECM is the 7727 model, it’ll control the lockup, and you’ll be good to go. I don’t know, I’m not a fan of the Gen IIIs, but a lot of people are. I know to do it right, it’d be more involved compared to a 350 from a TBI truck/700R4 swap. You could swap injectors, and keep the TBI as is. Wouldn’t be hard, and you’d have more engine. The 4.3 might have two knock sensors, but if so, you’ll just have two knock sensors. I’m not positive on that, though. That’s a solid combo. Won’t kill you on the economy, won’t kill you on the swap, and it’ll have good highway manners.
If I can get the engine going then a 700r might be an answer to my overdrive problem. I have alot to learn in Chevy land.

I freaking love that color scheme, welcome to the board
Thanks. I searched, and searched. And finally discovered thst this is a custom paint job. According to the glove sticker, the truck was all white.

Welcome from up 68 in Stokesdale. Nice looking truck. If it does not have AC I can help you when you get to working on the heater. Just went through mine. At first I thought you meant you had a manual 3 speed. My 1984 is 250 I6 with 3 on the tree.

Selo
Hello neighbor!! Since you're so close, do you have or know where I can get a passenger window? Have cash, will travel. Thats going to be my first purchase for this truck. It looks ugly with a tarp on it. It does have factory A/C with manual controls.

Welcome to GMSB, Looks like a worthy save to me.
Thanks man!

fried_daddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Currently looking for a passenger side window!

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbluesquare