Mounting to interior sheet metal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I wouldn't trust nutserts with a grab handle, unless ther are just mounted above the doors for getting in and out of the truck. If it's an Oh **** handle and you are mounting it on the passengers side of the dash, put a piece of flat bar or something similar behind the sheet metal to secure it to.

Honestly I would dig a little deeper and actually go in and build a support for it behind the dash as well because if you see how little structure is involved with that dash piece it's conceivable someone full sized would twist that thing into a pretzel if they were hanging on to it while wheeling or bouncing around. I don't think it would take a lot but it just needs something to tie the bottom of the dash frame to the firewall to offer more support. The problem is that will likely make it really hard to install the air handling box afterwards or in between (if you have to change the heater core or make other repairs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224