minor inconvenience with McGauhhy's drop spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
Anyone else have to grind off part of the spindle where the caliper bolts thread into? When putting on new rotor and pads last night there was just under 1/8" that I had to grind out to get everything to fit properly. I was a little unhappy about that.

Also, were you able to use either your factory brake line, or did you have to modify it to make it fit? With the spindles on, the brake line hits the upper ball joint and I can't quite get it to seat properly.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Ive never had to grind anything off of any spindles and I do have a set of McGaughys for a 1" rotors.

You will have to slightly bend the hard part of the brake hose for it to clear the ball joint.

BigPoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne Super 10
Engine Size
Ive never had to grind anything off of any spindles and I do have a set of McGaughys for a 1" rotors.

You will have to slightly bend the hard part of the brake hose for it to clear the ball joint.

Yeah I've never experienced anything like that. I had to grind both the upper and lower areas to get them on. I still can't get the passenger side on yet, so I'm going to have to grind some more.

Thanks about the brakes lines. I thought about that, but really don't want to do more damage than I already have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pnutt79