Mechanical oil pressure guage fitting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
The engine I bought has a fitting for what I believe is a mechanical oil pressure guage. Should I just replace it with a bolt or find a cap and do you know what size I need .

You must be registered for see images attach

Mad gimp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Cant use a bolt because it pipe thread. I beleive 1/8th inch npt. You could go to local hardware store that sells plumbing supplies and get a pipe plug. Where do you have your oil pressure sending unit now? Thats typically where the factory oil sender would go. There would be a nipple going straight up the a 45° elbow then the sender would screw into the elbow.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The engine I bought has a fitting for what I believe is a mechanical oil pressure guage. Should I just replace it with a bolt or find a cap and do you know what size I need .

Here is a weird concept how about putting a gauge on it, oh wait then there would be some kind of accountability when this one frys. Wouldn’t want that. Just take a rock and a 5/16 bolt and keep on hitting it until you feel validated.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Here is a weird concept how about putting a gauge on it, oh wait then there would be some kind of accountability when this one frys. Wouldn’t want that. Just take a rock and a 5/16 bolt and keep on hitting it until you feel validated.

Real helpful...

Fyi, the make engines with more than one (GASP!) place to pull oil pressure from. Study up.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Real helpful...

Fyi, the make engines with more than one (GASP!) place to pull oil pressure from. Study up.
Your a funny mother ******. LMMFAO this clown is just that an ass clown. He asked for help then berates the one who helps him. He gets no help from me. Maybe if he puts his Meter on it, it will tell him what to do.

Last edited:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Where is the post where the OP "berates the one who helps him"?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Where is the post where the OP "berates the one who helps him"?
Not in this thread it was a while ago and the OP ran and hid for a while. Just search posts if your that interested, I’m not wasting my time doing it.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
There's a very old saying... I heard it from someone in my grandparents' generation.

"Don't argue with a jackass. A passerby won't be able to tell who is who."

It was damn difficult to put into action when I was younger. Now I figure it's just best to keep my mouth shut and move on. Older and maybe wiser... maybe not too... I replied here...:anitoof:
I know who is right and the other guy is a Jackass so who cares what he thinks. :flamingdevil:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
There's a very old saying... I heard it from someone in my grandparents' generation.

"Don't argue with a jackass. A passerby won't be able to tell who is who."

It was damn difficult to put into action when I was younger. Now I figure it's just best to keep my mouth shut and move on. Older and maybe wiser... maybe not too... I replied here...:anitoof:
I know who is right and the other guy is a Jackass so who cares what he thinks. :flamingdevil:
Am I the jack ass? Or the guy who belittlesd another for telling a guy to use a testlight as a quick check on a choke wire and then went on to call him stupid for not telling him to use a meter when all he wanted to see if voltage was present. The belittled stupid one also mentioned to be mindful of the intensity of the light.so if that’s being a jackass in defending some one that CAN actually fix electronics I guess I’ll be that jackass.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
My post was passing along a comment from an older and much wiser man than me that tends to keep me out of trouble now that I'm older and a little wiser... Trouble that would've found me when I was younger because I couldn't hold my tongue.

As I've gotten older I realized... Who the hell cares what everyone else thinks?

When you distill that old adage down to one sentence it reads "Don't engage in conversation with a Jackass because it gives him credibility.". I'm engaging in conversation with you so it should be obvious what I think of you. If I figured you were a Jackass I wouldn't say a damn thing.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My post was passing along a comment from an older and much wiser man than me that tends to keep me out of trouble now that I'm older and a little wiser... Trouble that would've found me when I was younger because I couldn't hold my tongue.

As I've gotten older I realized... Who the hell cares what everyone else thinks?

When you distill that old adage down to one sentence it reads "Don't engage in conversation with a Jackass because it gives him credibility.". I'm engaging in conversation with you so it should be obvious what I think of you. If I figured you were a Jackass I wouldn't say a damn thing.
Gotchya. I appreciate that.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Back to the original topic.
Assuming the OP doesn't have a 1973-1976 truck with the capillary tube gauge...
Unscrew that fitting and install a 1/8NPT brass plug in that hole or an oil pressure sender along with a 1/8NPT 2" brass nipple and 1/8NPT 45° brass elbow. Don't use pipe tape on either. If you need pipe dope use the blue Gasolia fuel oil pipe dope.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Like this but thats not the oem sending unit

Thanks man, that help. I might be able to make that work like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood