Lower Radiator Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Do you do this while the truck is running? Going to try to do this today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fill your cooling system up, start the truck up, top off the cooling system while it’s running then cap it off and let it idle up to running temp for a about five minutes. Then shut it down wait a couple minutes and then be REALLY careful and pop off the bottom radiator hose off the radiator. Do this from the top as well so you don’t get soaked in hot coolant.

Do this until the water starts coming out clean, might take 2 or 3 try’s depending on how bad your system is. Use your best judgement on which flush will be your last, with the last flush you’ll want to flush it with distilled water just to get out any non distilled water. I just use big water jugs from Walmart or something.

Then depending where you live, you’ll want at least a 50/50 mix of distilled water and antifreeze. I live up North so I run a little bit heavier on the antifreeze.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohiokm