Looking for recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Quigley

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I am working on a 79 K30,
When complete it will be used as a utility vehicle for a Volunteer Fire Department.
It will tow a Gator on a trailer, and be used for retrieving Wet Hose from Fire Scenes, and just general use.
It may or may not have a Pump and tank installed in the bed for brush fire situations.

I want to redo the interior, not for comfort or flash, but for durable usability.

We need Bucket Seats in order to install a center console for Radios and I will also install an (Over Center) Hand Parking brake in the middle.

What types of bucket seats have others used that you would recommend???

Any help is appreciated.
Brian

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
For a direct swap you can find bucket seats from a Suburban up 1991 but not an OBS Suburban. You will need the inboard brackets as well. Is this a crew cab? Rear buckets will involve fab work if it is. If you are looking for a more modern seat up front you can use Suburban brackets and sliders then bolt your choice of bucket to those brackets and it will bolt to the floor. Word of caution when doing that is that with the contoured floors you cant have too tall of a seat bottom or else your head will in the headliner.

Read this thread:
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/bench-seat-to-bucket-seats-ideas-discussion.3268/

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome aboard..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members