Looking for a bed tool box- stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clickerson

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions? Some positive reviews or any companies to steer clear of? I would prefer a box that sits up over the rails, rather than sitting in the floor of the bed, but I haven't seen any made specifically for step sides, and the measurements they give don't tell me whether or not it would slip in or not, as it's the overall length/width of the box (depending on what you consider length or width).

All in all, looking for a cheap, durable box, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I have a Craftsman box. Only downside is sometimes condensation builds up on the metal inside. Mine won't fit a stepside, though.

LOL. I had in the back of my S10 and it looked like a coffin.

Mr Clickerson

Reaction score
I have a Craftsman box. Only downside is sometimes condensation builds up on the metal inside. Mine won't fit a stepside, though.

How wide is the bed of your S10 from inside the rails? I got 50 inches.

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Tailgate measures at 54 3/4". Distance between the bedrails is roughly 55".

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

I had that problem with a box I had, I drilled some small holes around the sides of the floor all the way around and it helped it vent and keep dryer. Youi can also save any bags of silica sand you can find and throw them on there to help suck the moisture out of it. I used to get them out of packages of electronics and **** I would buy, the small bags. Put one in each of my fishing tackle trays and fishing box.

Here at where I work get get skids of nails shipped in to sell. Each skid comes with one or 2 bags of silica sand about 6" square each. I grab them up as they come in and keep them in my dry storage compartmens on my boat, they work good.

I never shopped for it before, but you may be able to buy them too....

jt1200r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
4.3/th400/3.08
i have one in my garage

Latest posts