LMC A-Pillars/ Door Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1984K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 (350CID)
I'm trying to work on my truck's interior and I have a couple of questions. I was looking through the LMC catalog and I saw a pair of A-Pillars with tweeters built in. Has anybody here bought them or know if they're any good? Also, how hard is it to remove and put new door trim?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'd like to find some with gauge pods built in.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
1984K10 - I thought the pillar trim is simply held on with a couple of screws. Probably some interference with the headliner. I don't have pillar trim or a headliner, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable chimes in. Should be pretty easy to swap. I can't speak to the quality, sorry.

89S - I have been watching the sloooow process of gauge pillar pods coming together for our trucks on another site (73-87chevytrucks). Currently no one makes them.

1984K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 (350CID)
1984K10 - I thought the pillar trim is simply held on with a couple of screws. Probably some interference with the headliner. I don't have pillar trim or a headliner, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable chimes in. Should be pretty easy to swap. I can't speak to the quality, sorry.

89S - I have been watching the sloooow process of gauge pillar pods coming together for our trucks on another site (73-87chevytrucks). Currently no one makes them.

All help is appreciated. Thanks :)

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I don't know anything about LMC's pillars or if GM changed the trim layout between the 70's and 80's squares.

In my 74 K10 Cheyenne, there is trim all the way around holding up the headliner. The center piece above the doors needs to be removed first since it holds down both the windshield trim and the rear corner trim. It's only held on by a couple screws (most likely one of 3-4 pieces of trim that are actually textured metal). Then the windshield trim is held on by a screw close to the dash pad and then another one up closer to the visor mount.

It'll take a very minimal amount of coaxing to get out of there, but it's not bad at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay