Lift size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You should be able to go 35x12.50x15 on 10" wide wheels and be fine on a 4" lift.

Based on personal experience, this would be very iffy. Maybe if it's a truck with stiff springs, tires that are undersized off-brand, and never leaves the street.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would stay with the 6 of you want to keep your 35s. I'm surprised that big ass bumper doesn't smooth out your ride some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
When I pulled the diesel out of mine the front of my truck lifted up almost 3" with Superlift 6" springs specifically for diesels. I had to let the air out of my tires to get the old diesel over the rad support.

It went back down about 1 1/2" with the new small block I put back in.

Also the diesel rad weighs 3 times what a 4 core gas one does and holds double the coolant.

The diesel a/c compressor is no light weight either

There is a lot of weight upfront with the diesels that you cant replace unless using a big block and or adding metal as weights.

I was thinking of using 1" steel plate to build a winch box with. That ought add some weight lol

But I think it works better with the weight directly over the springs and front axle.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Based on personal experience, this would be very iffy. Maybe if it's a truck with stiff springs, tires that are undersized off-brand, and never leaves the street.

Yep your right Andy. The moment you go off road you will have bent fenders from those tires on only 4" of lift.

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My neighbor has a sm465 and np205 that are mated together that he offered to sell me the other day. I can find out what he wants for it if your interested. Would be a little road trip to come get it though.

Possibly but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the sm465 in it. The transmission that came in it didn't come in very many and doesn't have any pulling power at all. I believe the shift pattern is:
Reverse top left
1st is up
2nd is Directly down from 1st
3rd all the way up and right
I believe third on the shift know says OD

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would stay with the 6 of you want to keep your 35s. I'm surprised that big ass bumper doesn't smooth out your ride some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't care to much for the bumper but I like the idea of having a winch (even tho the one on it is gutless) I would like to mount a hidden one on there. But the front doesn't ride bad it the back end bouncing up and down. I recently found that the shock bushings are gone. Now I just need to decide on buying new shocks and hoping that makes a difference or getting springs then the correct shock sizes to match them. Would like to keep the height in the rear but would love it to not nose dive as much

beest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You could get a off road design shackle flip kit and use longer rear springs out of a newer truck. That would smooth the ride some. That would also eliminate the rear blocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26