Lift size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I bought a 86 k1500 about a month ago and the guy didn't know the lift size, I can't find anyway to find out what it is, pretty sure it's a rough country....maybe a 6inch? Has 35s on factory rims that don't rub with the winch bumper. It rides pretty rough, so Im about to purchase a set of ezride springs but don't know which size to buy since I'm not sure of the lift size. The front nose dives pretty hard and would like to get it more level if possible. Any help is appreciated!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Having trouble uploading from my phone right now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 167

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All I have for now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 159

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Holy cow that's a sweet bumper. If those are 35's, that's a 6" lift. Do you have lift springs in the back or blocks?

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
that looks like 6"

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All springs, and it's a rough ride lol, unless I put a half Rick of wood in it

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
lol you bought a 30 year old short bed truck, its going to ride rough. Lots of guys that I have talked to are satisfied with the ez rides though.

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah I don't expect a new ride, I also have a 83 swb 6.2. The difference in the ride is night and day. I'm just saying it hurts my back to ride in it lol. Yeah I'm going with those because I've done a lot of reading on this site and seems most people are happy. possibly thought about lower springs and putting blocks under the back to help the ride

Also I wanna do a rim tire combo so that the tires aren't tucked under it and it being in the air. Being I will be offsetting them. Can I still manage to make it with the 35s or am I gonna have to drop to a 33?

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It depends on how wide you go and your wheel back spacing. You should be able to go 35x12.50x15 on 10" wide wheels and be fine on a 4" lift. But I like the look of wide 33s on a 4". 35s look like they are just stuffed under there. I run 33x12.50s on 12 inch wide wheels and I love it, but your going to ruin that pretty paint job if you go very wide/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yeah I don't expect a new ride, I also have a 83 swb 6.2. The difference in the ride is night and day. I'm just saying it hurts my back to ride in it lol. Yeah I'm going with those because I've done a lot of reading on this site and seems most people are happy. possibly thought about lower springs and putting blocks under the back to help the ride

Also I wanna do a rim tire combo so that the tires aren't tucked under it and it being in the air. Being I will be offsetting them. Can I still manage to make it with the 35s or am I gonna have to drop to a 33?

The reason your diesel rides so nice is the extra 500 lbs of engine you have with the diesel. I wish mine still rode like it did before I pulled the diesel. That extra weight sure smooths out the ride. Your just not gonna get that kinda ride with out putting the weight back in.

And ya looks like 6"

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
OK thanks for the help, I don't plan on lowering the front just leveling the rear to the front with some better springs and shocks. I guess I can see how the 35x12.50s that are on it look, then go from there.

Jcoleman

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The reason your diesel rides so nice is the extra 500 lbs of engine you have with the diesel. I wish mine still rode like it did before I pulled the diesel. That extra weight sure smooths out the ride. Your just not gonna get that kinda ride with out putting the weight back in.

And ya looks like 6"

Yeah I forget about that, was your yours a auto or standard? The transmission in the diesel is shot and I can't find one to replace it so it might get to a nv4500 swap eventually

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Mine had a Th400 with a diesel torque converter. I ran the same torque converter behind a 350 after I pulled the diesel and it works great for both. Not sure exactly what torque converter it is cause the PO put it in.

If yours is standard and you cant find an sm465 I wouldn't hesitate to put an NV4500 in as that will work great with what ever motor comes next and would really help to keep the revs down with the diesel with the OD.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My neighbor has a sm465 and np205 that are mated together that he offered to sell me the other day. I can find out what he wants for it if your interested. Would be a little road trip to come get it though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06