Lift Kit Questions, please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I was going to make my own mounting pads that will replace the Plate on top of the leaves that the U bolts strap to the axle.

I'd like to see what you come up with. The bottom mount has a little more complex shape to it but could be fabbed up with the required lift. I'm assuming you would weld flat pieces of steel into the U-shape as opposed to bending a single piece?

I was thinking the upper section would be easier since you only have to bridge the gap between the top mount and the plate on the bag. Both being flat surfaces, something as simple as a 4" x 6" section of rectangular tube steel would work...but might look like a redneck/ghetto hack job.

Attached pic for clarity:

picture.php

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I'd like to see what you come up with. The bottom mount has a little more complex shape to it but could be fabbed up with the required lift. I'm assuming you would weld flat pieces of steel into the U-shape as opposed to bending a single piece?

I was thinking the upper section would be easier since you only have to bridge the gap between the top mount and the plate on the bag. Both being flat surfaces, something as simple as a 4" x 6" section of rectangular tube steel would work...but might look like a redneck/ghetto hack job.

Attached pic for clarity:

picture.php

I was planning on remaking those U Plates, We have a metal press at school with a bender on one of the sides.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Must be one hell of a machine. That's some thick steel and it's gonna put up a fight.

This is the reason I'm still running blocks in the back, I haven't come up with a professional looking way to add a shackle flip and retain the air bags.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
Must be one hell of a machine. That's some thick steel and it's gonna put up a fight.

This is the reason I'm still running blocks in the back, I haven't come up with a professional looking way to add a shackle flip and retain the air bags.

i think its like 55ton??
Its Electric pumped Hydrolic. We have bent 3/8ths on it befor just to test it.

This is like ours.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Nice! Watch your fingers around that thing :eek:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size

Scorpion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I used the ORD shackle flip kit and my rear axle was moved forward. I used a pair of ZRs to move it back the full 1.5". The difference is really noticable in these two pics...

You must be registered for see images

attachment.php

I'm gonna have to measure. Never noticed but don't have a pic (nor have seen mine) from that far back. Guess I can't say for sure now but I'll find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31