leveling truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

86chev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Since I've pulled the 3" body lift off my truck, i have 4" suspension with rear blocks. Currently the front is sitting about 3/4" lower than the rear. Ideally id like the truck to sit completely level. what is the easiest way to achieve this? also i wouldn't mind lifting the rear another inch then level it since i will be running 35s and want to cut as little as possible. i was looking into ez inch/ shackles in front and shackles in rear, any ideas? thanks

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
If all you want to do is level the front then grab a set of ORD Zero-rate leaves.

If you want to lose the blocks in the rear, ORD shackle flip and another set of the zero-rate leaves to level it if necessary.

I wouldnt use shackles in the front to lift the truck, although ORD makes a set of greasable HD shackles that are stout.

just my $.02

OYMC

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
If you're handy with a little fab work then build a set of 1" longer front shackles... Here are a few pictures of mine... Built from 1/2"X2" flat stock steel... Cost around $20 for the steel... By adding a slight lift to your shackles you will slightly increase your caster angle which will give you a little more stability on the road... Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_5568.JPG
    IMG_5568.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5499.jpg
    IMG_5499.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 126

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes