Let's talk radiators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
The dimensions given: 34x19 are the core dimensions for the long radiator you see in my photo. In other words, the 2WD 454 4-core sized radiator. The short version of that radiator (the radiator used in everything else, except the 6.2's) is 28x19 (core size).

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well, that's the only one I bought so that's the only experience I have with them, but so far I'm pleased with looks and function of it, so I figure I'll put one in my truck too, I'm thinking of going with Winstar fans, been reading quite a bit on them and they seem to move a lot of air and don't use up a lot of juice to run them, but I'll find out when I try them,lol..

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
The dimensions given: 34x19 are the core dimensions for the long radiator you see in my photo. In other words, the 2WD 454 4-core sized radiator. The short version of that radiator (the radiator used in everything else, except the 6.2's) is 28x19 (core size).

Very good to know. Might be worth it actually in the long run to upgrade to what you did.

TheGreenBarron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
is he running electric fans? how many rows was it? besides the ascetics hows the functionality of it?

The car is stock, no electric fans. Just a puny stock four blade fan(could benefit from something a little bigger). In got the two row version due to clearance issues. It works fine havent had any issues with it, but i must say that car doesnt see the road much other than the weekend drive here and there. The fit was ok had to drill holes on the radiator mounting bracket.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06