Let's talk headlights!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhm89

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7L
I skimmed through the other Electronics posts, and Didn't find this specific topic.

On the mid and late 1980's model trucks, the headlights are stacked with Lo on top and Hi on bottom.

Does anybody know if it's possible to wire in four Lo, and Hi beams so that all four lights work all the time?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=76

These from LMC don't mention it, but has a separate light for top and bottom.

I know I'm not the first guy to think about this, and I assume a lot of you have figured something out for your truck.

:pepper:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Its easy. All you need is 2 more low beam lights, 2 more 3 prong headlight plugs, and maybe 2 more low beam buckets. You will notice that the 2 prong plug is jumped from the 3 prong plug. You just need to jump a 3 prong plug inplace of the 2 prong plug. A word of caution, running 2 headlights will double the curent draw, you may want to run a relay.

Jhm89

Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7L
You guys are great, thanks!

I didn't even think about this, I feel silly for asking now. In the past year I've only driven it a few months worth, due to all these bum engines in keep putting in it. Anyway, The plugs are like $3 a pop from Rockauto. Can't wait to do this conversion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad