K20 '82 350 Performance Engine Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Sprenger

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
5.7L
Have another question, have a few parts that I got me for my bday or I picked them up at a swap meet because they were cheap. Never built a truck engine for performance so was looking for some insight on it I am doing this right.
I have:
Lunati 10120703LK Cam (Is there any certain springs I should be using or rockers? Should I just call Lunati and see what they recommend?)
Torker II intake that looks like I might not use as it operates at a high RPM looking to do the edelbrock 2703 Preformer
Edelbrock carb currently on the truck and running on the stock intake
Long tube headers with Thrush Turbo Mufflers
Everything else is stock

Any of this not sound right? Just don't want to buy parts that will not help me, truck isn't a race truck just want to give it some more power.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Have another question, have a few parts that I got me for my bday or I picked them up at a swap meet because they were cheap. Never built a truck engine for performance so was looking for some insight on it I am doing this right.
I have:
Lunati 10120703LK Cam (Is there any certain springs I should be using or rockers? Should I just call Lunati and see what they recommend?)
Torker II intake that looks like I might not use as it operates at a high RPM looking to do the edelbrock 2703 Preformer
Edelbrock carb currently on the truck and running on the stock intake
Long tube headers with Thrush Turbo Mufflers
Everything else is stock

Any of this not sound right? Just don't want to buy parts that will not help me, truck isn't a race truck just want to give it some more power.

Before you get carried away find out what heads are on the truck, gears in the differential, tire size, and stall of torque convertor, all of these work together to make it function correctly.

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah, I would call lunati and get their recommendations on springs, compression ratio, gears, and stall. Do you know the cam specs. What lift and duration.

Oldrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
As they said. Know what you have and what you want. Make a plan. Then get the parts that make it work.
My 85 is stock with headers. It runs fine and I am ok with it at this point.
My Evo Harley is not stock. I spent a lot of time planning what I wanted and then I built it. It is now a bit faster than stock. I can keep up with the newer bikes. My truck is a tow and haul vehicle. The stock motor makes enough torque to do that job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB